Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need your ideas - quick!!

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 3:21 PM
  • 6 Replies

My parents are celebrating their 50th anniversary tomorrow.  I had a big 'shindig' planned (wrote an earlier post on it) but my parents shot that down completely.  They just wanted a nice dinner.

So, this past I organized a dinner at fancy restaurant for our 20 person extended family (this group does all special events/holidays together).  My brother and I split the bill.  It was a nice evening.

BUT, I was also going to do a bound book of pictures from the early days (met when they were 15) through today (they're turning 71 this year).  Unfortunately, I couldn't get my hands on enough old pictures and so that's not going to happen.

So, here I am - the day before their anniversary - with no physical present.  I need ideas!!  What would be a unique gift for a couple who have spent nearly all of their lives together??

Help!

by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 3:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
AnGLInterrupted
by Kendall on Feb. 8, 2012 at 3:45 PM

I have no clue but here's a bump.  GL

Santina25
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 4:30 PM
Sorry I really don't have any great ideas :(

Maybe a weekend getaway? Split the costs with siblings?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hudson.maggie
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 4:31 PM

if you have a few pictures you could always do a small collage, or I seen some really cute coasters you could make with the pictures on them (VERY easy)

abbysmommy429
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 4:45 PM
Get a nice cake, the Willow Tree cake topper for an anniversary, a nice card, and a frame with their picture in it.

Try and write a poem for them too!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
the3Rs
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 4:53 PM

Unfortunately, dad is diabetic and trying to lose weight - so I probably should stay away from cake.  And me?  write a poem?  It's a terrific idea for anyone with that kind of talent.  Unfortunately, I don't have it.  :(

Quoting abbysmommy429:

Get a nice cake, the Willow Tree cake topper for an anniversary, a nice card, and a frame with their picture in it.

Try and write a poem for them too!

BaileynMe
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 5:19 PM
A friend of mine had a dry erase, magnetic board made (for memos and such) and there is a picture of them that's faded to the background so that you can still see messages that are written on the board.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)