• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

my valentine's gift.

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 6:42 PM
  • 18 Replies

yep. that's a giant teddy bear. i got it sunday. me and DH got into a spat before i left for church, i spent the rest of the day with my mom, came home at 10 pm to see this sitting on my bed. which was perfect since hubby had to work third that night.

by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 6:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ivylynn0711
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:44 PM
Aww that's really sweet
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
notjstasocermom
by Silver Member on Feb. 9, 2012 at 8:01 AM

awesome, we are ceelebrating Vday today, we are going to Philly to see the Liberty Bell, the out to dinner, then to a play.

Cynt1020
by on Feb. 9, 2012 at 8:48 AM

:)

foxymomof4
by Member on Feb. 9, 2012 at 10:08 AM

That's very sweet of him but if you are on your way to church why would you fight with him and after going to church and knowing is not good to be mad at eachother why didnt you go home and talk it out but instead you decided to run away and avoid it you went to your mom's house.I don't know how long you have been married and how old are you but I will give you a little bit of advice if you get into and arguement as little as it could be always talk it out never be mad at eachother for more than one hour(that's how long you should give yourself to calm down and think things over)My DH and I use to get into it bad I mean bad and we would not talk for days and now that we are older and we go to church and we listen to God's word we realize what a waste of time when we could have been spending time with each other and our kids we were not talikng and now after 13 years of marriage we don't fight or argue we agree to disagree but we talk it out and we use our energy in something useful.

whitleypittman
by Bronze Member on Feb. 9, 2012 at 10:56 AM

our "talks" are mostly h im b!tching at me and not letting me speak, so it's counter productive to even try. i just stay away and let him cool off, cause it does take him all day. once he's calm, i speak my mind, he speaks his, and we come to a comprimise.

plus, it's payback for all the times he's gotten made and taken of to his friend's house.

Quoting foxymomof4:

That's very sweet of him but if you are on your way to church why would you fight with him and after going to church and knowing is not good to be mad at eachother why didnt you go home and talk it out but instead you decided to run away and avoid it you went to your mom's house.I don't know how long you have been married and how old are you but I will give you a little bit of advice if you get into and arguement as little as it could be always talk it out never be mad at eachother for more than one hour(that's how long you should give yourself to calm down and think things over)My DH and I use to get into it bad I mean bad and we would not talk for days and now that we are older and we go to church and we listen to God's word we realize what a waste of time when we could have been spending time with each other and our kids we were not talikng and now after 13 years of marriage we don't fight or argue we agree to disagree but we talk it out and we use our energy in something useful.

Frogy
by on Feb. 9, 2012 at 1:39 PM

That is so sweet!

boshs1andonly
by on Feb. 9, 2012 at 5:34 PM
cute! dh and i have to wait until next weekend to have a babysitter so thats when we will celebrate.
awiley2012
by on Feb. 9, 2012 at 5:44 PM

Well, I can't say that we have any actual plans yet for V-Day but my hubby did give me my present early - a 1 carat diamond ring!  The same one I've been eyeing for about 4 months and have tried on God only knows how many times.  And now, it's really all mine!  But then I had to give it up for 2 weeks to have it sized :( but at least I know I'll be getting it back soon!

AlannaMaria
by on Feb. 9, 2012 at 5:55 PM
Aww. That's really sweet!!
ctfirsttimemom
by on Feb. 9, 2012 at 6:06 PM

Thats sweet of him to try to make up.

I have a policy. No gifts to try to make up from a fight.  We talk it out, make up, then feel free to buy me whatever you want:)  It just pisses me off.  Kind of makes me feel like I'm being bought off or something.  Most of my friends think I'm crazy (why wouldn't someone want flowers?!) but its something that always bothered me. 

Hope you guys have a happy fight free V-Day:)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)