• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why do you think the divorce rate is so high?

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:08 PM
  • 151 Replies
2 moms liked this

what are your thoughts?

by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Lishes
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:10 PM
3 moms liked this

People's lives have gotten to busy for marriage and it is being put on the back burner.  Plus people don't know how to compromise anymore.  That's my opinion anyway.

pinkysmommy720
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:24 PM
3 moms liked this

Lack of communication and no urge to try to make things work. 

ShesALady
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:27 PM
1 mom liked this
My case he cheated. I will not put up with that disrespect. I think back in the day women were very dependent on men and put up with a lot because they couldn't get out. There are also a million and one different reasons. Everyone has their own
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sandra1023
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:28 PM
6 moms liked this

People are too impulsive these days.  We want everything perfect and we want it now.  We don't want to have to work for something, so if something isn't working, we give up and move on.

~
If you're a crafter, please check out my Facebook blog. :)
Be Hoppy Crafting
GirlWithANikon
by Bronze Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:30 PM

Partly because people think they love each other when really they are comfortable and familiar to one another.

Also, because people are lazy.

BonitaM
by Ruby Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:30 PM

I really don't know.  I will never understand how two people can be so inlove and promise forever and then just throw it away.  I can understand that it's hard to stay together because both people have to be committed and inlove.....but that's what dating is for.....that's when you find out if it's forever or not. 

olliesmommy2
by Bronze Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:32 PM
1 mom liked this

Because some lack good decision making skills. I understand there are exceptions, maybe its a great relationship, and then something like cheating happens. But even some people can move on and have a great marriage. I think we live in a generation where the idea of marriage isnt taken as seriously as it has been in the past.

jvd1709
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:41 PM
1 mom liked this

cause marriage is definitely different than it used to be years ago. not everyone goes into it taking it as serious as they should be.

-mrs.mamma-
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:54 PM
2 moms liked this

in my most basic explanation..in my brutal, honest opinion, people today just don't try hard enough. (not all, but most. as a general statement.)

Carlie: Blessed Wife to Jon (09.05.09) & Mamma to Jaxon (11.19.08) and Talon (12.01.11).

Proud Group Mod in: Love & Marriage  and  Pregnancy!

Jeni1124
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:50 PM
3 moms liked this

I don't think people take marriage as seriously as they need to. When marriages hit rough times we're often encouraged to divorce or separate. People are getting married too quickly (myself included) and divorced too quickly. It isn't seen as the life long decision that it really should be.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)