Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Married?

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2012 at 1:30 PM
  • 59 Replies

I've been with my SO for 3 years. We have recently started to talk about getting married...does marriage even still work?

by on Feb. 9, 2012 at 1:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
geekmommy84
by on Feb. 9, 2012 at 1:32 PM
1 mom liked this

yes, least in my eyes it does. Me & DH met in 2007 and it felt like we've been together forever and then we got married 2008 and have been happily married since. We are actually about to hit our 4th wedding anniversary on the 15th of this month. giving heart

mommiecassie
by on Feb. 9, 2012 at 1:33 PM
4 moms liked this

Of course it does.  You just have to be willing to make it work. 

elijahXmom
by on Feb. 9, 2012 at 1:40 PM
Why are you guys wanting to get married?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
styler7
by Member on Feb. 9, 2012 at 1:41 PM

yes.

savvymom0811
by on Feb. 9, 2012 at 1:55 PM

We love each other. and we have a new baby, as well as my daughter and his son. I also never pictured myself as a lifelong girlfriend. I want to create that family, which includes marriage in my view. But we have had a rocky road until the last 6 months

iHEAVENn
by Bronze Member on Feb. 9, 2012 at 1:58 PM
1 mom liked this

Marriage can work, if both people are aware that not every day will be sunshine and lollipops. 

You need to be willing to work through the bad days together, and fight for your marriage no matter what comes up.

BonitaM
by Platinum Member on Feb. 9, 2012 at 2:02 PM

Has been working for me for the last 10 years. happy

WandBmamma
by on Feb. 9, 2012 at 4:19 PM
1 mom liked this
My dh are going to be married 9 years this year. Just remember its something you BOTH have to work on for the rest of your lives. If one of you stops it will fail because u no longer care!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ruby_jewel_04
by on Feb. 9, 2012 at 4:26 PM

I'd like to say marriage works for everyone. but some people will always say it doesnt. I think it does as long as you are willing to work at it. And congratulations!

MeTaL_MoMmA_08
by on Feb. 9, 2012 at 4:27 PM

hell yes, marriage still works! lol DH and i's 5th anniversary is this June. and we're still HAPPILY married! :)  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)