Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I've been with my SO for 3 years. We have recently started to talk about getting married...does marriage even still work?

by on Feb. 9, 2012 at 1:30 PM
Replies (51-59):
ladym79
by on Feb. 10, 2012 at 8:42 PM
1 mom liked this

I've been married to my husband for 7 years now, and I'm going to be honest. It's not peaches n' cream all the time. There have been obstacles that we had to overcome over the years, marriage doesn't come easy all the time. With it comes commitment, and unfortunately it's so easy to get a divorce now days and people don't want to work at it. The second a problem arises, they take the easy road and bail. It IS easier to just give up and hit the road, I've felt like doing that many times. But the fact is, marriage to me Sacred and it shouldn't be taken lightly. If you're going to stand up before all your friends and family and vow to love the other person for better or worse and sickness and in health you need to be prepared to honor it. Just keep that in mind. I love being married to my DH, I grow more and more in love with him over the years. It's the trials that we have faced together and conquered "together" that makes our relationship close and everlasting :)

ladym79
by on Feb. 10, 2012 at 8:45 PM

I totally agree! 

Quoting Acid:

Marriage can work, if you want to get married for the right reason.

Don't get married just because you have a baby, or other children.  Love is a good start...but, not the entire foundation.

You have to make sure that you marry him because you want to, there is a strong foundation and there is love, affection and attraction.  Otherwise, you're marrying Mr. Right Now, instead of Mr. Right.  If you end up wtih the first guy, you'll be like the majority of women on this site.  Complaining and whinning about your useless husband who doesn't help.

geekmommy84
by on Feb. 10, 2012 at 8:50 PM

lol thats awesome :). Have a happy (early) anniversary
dancing

Quoting ReD.RoCkEr:

Umm lol yea this exactly except it's the 14th this month for us ! Happy early anniversary :)

Quoting geekmommy84:

yes, least in my eyes it does. Me & DH met in 2007 and it felt like we've been together forever and then we got married 2008 and have been happily married since. We are actually about to hit our 4th wedding anniversary on the 15th of this month. giving heart

biancalina20
by Bianca Lina on Feb. 10, 2012 at 10:11 PM
Help yes!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
janey548
by on Feb. 10, 2012 at 10:14 PM
Yes, but I don't think it should be a 50/50 partnership. I think each partner needs to give 100% ;)
barnwell84
by on Feb. 10, 2012 at 10:17 PM

We've been married for almost 9 years.

mom2wbunch
by on Feb. 10, 2012 at 10:23 PM

shake handMy DH and I have been married for 6 and a half years. We had a baby his senior year, went our seperate ways and then figured out we were meant for each other and have been happily married ever since we decided God wasnted us together and not seperate. It has been rough but what marriage isn't. It takes work, sacrifice and forgiveness from both sides, but it is AMAZING!!!

coswife
by on Feb. 11, 2012 at 12:08 AM

23 years and counting. :D Yea,we have had problems (like anyone else) but we are commited to one another and we know our marriage is number One in our lives. In my opinion,the key to a lasting marriage is respect for your partner. Respect covers every issue that would come up. Good Luck!

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Feb. 11, 2012 at 1:12 AM

Yes, I'm happily married

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)