Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

friends w/benefits

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 3:53 AM
  • 183 Replies
1 mom liked this

banging head into wall To day my husband told me that he feels our marriage is like we are roommates or friends w/benefits. What do I say to that? We have been pulling apart form each other and its not getting any better. He told me all my faults over dinner and I just sat there. I had to ask him way did he marry me. My marriage is falling apart and part of me wants it to and then I want to save it. We are so different I don't know why I would think it would work. This is more or less a vent. I feel like I'm going crazy.

by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 3:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SarahLizyB
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 3:54 AM
1 mom liked this
Try couples counciling. Sorry :(
lang6000
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 3:58 AM

he won't go. thanks

rayroe2
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 4:00 AM

I am so sorry!! I hope you can find happiness...if you wannna talk about it how are yall different like what goes on that is causing this?

coffeebeansgurl
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 4:00 AM
6 moms liked this
You are friends and you have sex?win win!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Kubalabuku
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 4:06 AM
33 moms liked this

Then start going alone.  They can give you the tools to help you through this with or without him.  And, he might start going with you when he sees the positive changes you are making for yourself.

Quoting lang6000:

he won't go. thanks

elyciasmom08
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 10:10 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Mrs.Kubalabuku:

Then start going alone.  They can give you the tools to help you through this with or without him.  And, he might start going with you when he sees the positive changes you are making for yourself.

Quoting lang6000:

he won't go. thanks

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shadow_lark
by Silver Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 11:01 AM
3 moms liked this

Well...if you arent sure you want it to work, then i'm not really surprised that he thinks that.  Even if you havent said anything, it probably shows through in  your actions.  I guess now you have a lot of thinking to do.  Have you tried counseling at all?

Are you young and married?         Join us in Young Married Mothers; a place to connect with other young moms, get advice or just hang around.  http://www.cafemom.com/group/116197

lucky2Beeme
by Silver Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 11:37 AM
6 moms liked this

time for you to sit down and make the lists.

list 1) WHY I wanted to stayed married to him

list 2) Why I don't want to be married to him

then decide.If you decide to stay I agree go to counseling even if you go alone.

Lindalou907
by Silver Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 11:53 AM

I'm sorry for your trouble! How long have you been married and do you have children together? Do you think the things he's complaining about are valid?

muisjes
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 2:32 PM
6 moms liked this
Why does he put all the blame on you!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)