Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I can't stand this much longer!!!!

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 8:00 AM
  • 25 Replies

I"m sorry but I have to vent,my son who is two is extremely difficult .His what we call "in the terrible twos" as his doctor calls it well it also doesnt help his spoiled rotten by my in laws and screams when he doesnt get what he wants and we are un able to even go food shopping without the Linda blaire act.If my sons doenst get what he wants he runs to his great grandmother and screams bloodly murder!! Just this morning he thru his cup at least four times and his ceral also got did the back and forth game of I want this and then throw it at me .My hsuband works a difficult shift so when he can help out he does but I swear im going to cry soon because all my in laws do is give him what he wants! He never eats what we make him because his filled up on cupcakes,cookies and freaking donuts and We didnt want to introduce him to sugar just yet.I feel like were not talking to each other.

by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 8:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mom_of_one_2010
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 8:04 AM
3 moms liked this
Try talking to them, put your foot down, I mean you are his parents not them. I delt with the same thing when my son was 3 months old, MiL wanted to give him a sip of coffee. I repeatly told her no, one day she gave him a sip, I took him from her and told her that I have asked you not to. You can not respect me or my wishes we will not come over.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MooreBoysMama
by Bronze Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:09 AM
Terrible twos are a breeze.

3 years old...yikes

And 4 year old boys...bwahahaha! You aint seen nothing yet.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mistygreen387
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:40 AM

His been spoiled for so long that its harder on me then it is my husband in some ways.He goes to work at night and thats when our son knows when to start,his not listening to the warnings we give  him.We have given him time outs,we had tot ake the tv away the other day and as soon as that happend he started jumping on his bed and then hitting himself against the wall.I"m afraid that if they dont stopw ith the "giving" him everything he wants that when we do find ways of dealing with him there not going to like it and get upset. Worse call the state.

BaileynMe
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 10:47 AM
3 moms liked this
I had to put my foot down with my MIL. Dd is an only grandchild for now (DH is an only child) and she spoils dd without thinking. I had to have a talk with her, and now she will ask before she just spoils dd outright.

Do you live with your inlaws? It sounds like you think you can't get them to stop, but since you're mom you're going to have to talk to them about it and lay down some basic rules.

As for the cup throwing... Dont give it back. :-) that cured dd of throwing things pretty quickly, when she realized she wouldn't get it back!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JC2223
by Bronze Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 1:04 PM
3 moms liked this

Your kid, your rules. If you live with the in laws that makes enforcing this rule a bit harder, but it's still your kid. Parent him as you want based on the type of child you want to raise. If they give in to him, correct it immediately. If he throws a fit, give him a time out. Set your boundaries, stick to them and follow through.

hopealways4019
by Bronze Member on Feb. 13, 2012 at 1:16 PM
Your the mother, so you make the rules, he only 2, you can control him
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mistygreen387
by on Feb. 13, 2012 at 6:27 PM

the time outs work when we put him in the bed ( we use that for time outs) but he then again does what he did in the first place to get himself in trouble. My in laws are very difficult but i love them,they just need to live in a island were i dont know how to get there.

mommaof697
by on Feb. 15, 2012 at 12:33 PM

Been there done that my ds is now almost 9. WHen he picks his battles you have to win, win now it is easier than when they are 9.  How close do you live to your in laws?  I am 2 miles away. from mine.  when I am with my kids without them my kids have to obey me. easier to teach when they are younger than older.

goddess829
by Bronze Member on Feb. 15, 2012 at 12:44 PM

Talk to them.  Tell them that u think he's being spoiled.  My middle went through that stage.  He was the easiest infant (he was always happy).  Even when he was hungry he'd wahh once or twice giving you a half hr warning before he'd really cry.  Around 18 months he turned into a terror.  He just turned six and only grew out of it about a year, year and a half ago.  My inlaws have the same thing going on with their almost 3 yr old.  I told her to keep enforcing the rules and he'll grow out of it.

nanceyk82
by on Feb. 16, 2012 at 10:41 AM

A smack on the bottom, just to get his attention.  Tell him why you did it.  Then give him timeout for 5 minutes.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)