Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

5 Insanely Expensive Valentine’s Day Gifts You’ll Fantasize About -What would you want if money were no object?

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 11:17 AM
  • 13 Replies

5 Insanely Expensive Valentine’s Day Gifts You’ll Fantasize About

Posted by Lindsay Mannering on February 9, 2012 

valentine's dayWe learned yesterday that women don't really want anything for Valentine's Day other than a little help around the house, and while I totally agree that some household aid is preferable to any sort of tangible gift, that does not prevent my imagination from running wild. Really wild. Maybe it has something to do with the Powerball ticket that's burning a hole in my pocket or these damn Goop emails that infiltrate my inbox and my brain, but I've been day dreaming about some fantasy Valentine's Day gifts.

If money were no object, if you could have anything your little heart desired, what would you want? Here are 5 over-the-top insanely expensive gift ideas to get the fairyland wheels turning.

Know what I'd like most for V day? A little respite from the daily grind. And what better way to unwind then in my backyard yurt. For $75,000, this luxury tent comes with a chandelier and is filled with designer down-filled pillows. Ahhh.

nm yurt
Rainier Yurt Dream Folly, $75,000

Maybe you're more a box of chocolates kind of lady, so what about some of Switzerland's finest chocolate topped with edible 24kt gold? Mmmm.

expensive chocolatea
DeLaffee's luxury chocolate box, $340

If you liked the gold chocolates, you love this. Here's a 14kt gold iPhone case. Perfect for getting an arm workout in while you're on the phone with your real estate agent who's just found you the most perfect beach front property in Malibu.

gold iphone case
Miansai gold iPhone case, $10,000
Feeling like you want something a little more snuggly? How about the world's most expensive teddy bear? At $84,000, this cutie pie comes with a mouth made of solid gold and a fur made of gold thread.

teddy bear
Steiff teddy bear, $84,000
Or maybe you'd prefer to dance and sing along to some of your favorite tunes. Word is that a private Beyonce concert runs about $1 million. Have her perform in your backyard, then invite her into your yurt for some champagne and chit chat.

beyonce
Private Beyonce concert, $1 million
What would you want if you a) had to pick something tangible and b) cost didn't matter one bit?

by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 11:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
NowImAMom...
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 11:21 AM
2 moms liked this

A house of our own, with a backyard, and a couple extra bedrooms, and room for me to have more chinchillas and maybe a couple dogs, in a district with great schools, healthcare, and emergency response. Of course with a finished nursery for Gabriel. All paid off. Not too much to ask, is it?? [=

CafeMom Tickers
BaileynMe
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 11:55 AM
None of the above...

I think if money were no object, I'd go for a finished basement.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dingysfamily
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 12:03 PM

If money were no object ... I'd go for a complete reno for my house with a bit of an add-on to the back to make our bedroom larger along with the whole back side of the house larger; that would mean not only the master bedroom larger, but the hall bath, the dining room & the kitchen also ... plus I'd add a mudd/laundry room & garage.  And since money's no object, why not trade in our pop-up camper for a driving RV (not a huge one now, just one with 1 bedroom and a full bath).

Sam.Marie
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 12:05 PM
Our house paid off and the money to be able to redo the inside.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BonitaM
by Ruby Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 12:13 PM

Lol  the only thing on that list I would like is the Yurt and I'd get DH to build me a nicer one...lol   hmm...I just might have a project for him now. haha   Hoestly, I wouldn't have a clue what I would want.  I mean there are a lot of things I do want but to pick something for a gift would be hard.   Maybe a beautiful ranch with stables and all.

Daeraelle
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 12:19 PM
If price was no object, then all I would want is a week to take him around to buy me everything I want because he's obviously loaded in this scenario. Lol. A house, a car, jewelry, jewelry, jewelry. I'm not into chocolates, stuffed animals or flowers. My DH routinely buys me flowers every couple of months anyway. If he was going to make a big deal over Valentine's day, I'd want it to be something tangible that I would use on a regular basis. Not a waste of space or dust collector or something consumable or disposable.

My DH treats me all year, not just one day out of the year though. A lifetime of anything I ever wanted would be nice.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SarahLizyB
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 12:21 PM
Can't say I fantasize about any of those
Daeraelle
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 12:21 PM
1 mom liked this
I think anyone that spends $84,000 on a Teddy bear needs a smack on the back of the head with a baseball bat. Lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bozobean
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 1:09 PM

That backyard yurt is about the size of our apartment, LOL! Seriously though, a house all paid for, with a back yard, in a decent area, and a new car for my hubby. 

in love 

Mommavieve
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 1:23 PM
That yurt is kinda cool, but other than that, I'd want our house torn down and a bigger one built in it's place.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)