Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Should I be mad?

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 5:04 PM
  • 6 Replies

Poll

Question: Should I be mad?

Options:

YES

OTHER

NO

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 7

View Results

My DH works from 530 am to 730pm every day and sometimes even weekends. We have a four year old and a 3month old, well on his weekends off he finds random stuff around the house to do and he works himself to death and then on sunday he has a migraine and sleeps ALL DAY. Should I be mad that I ask him to spend time with us and he doesnt? Dont take this wrong way I love that he is so responsible, but I really want to spend time with him. I have voiced my concern and dont know what else to do. 

by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 5:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
OliviaW.
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 5:14 PM

I can see both ways. He should spend time with his kids but it's a good thing that he does things around the house. Are you working or a SAHM? If you're a SAHM have you tried asking him if there's somethings that you can do around the house so he could have more time to be with the kids? 

MrsApple
by Silver Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 5:15 PM

Don't be mad.But it's something y'all should talk about. 

My husband works LONG hours,and to make sure he doesn't have anything to do on the weekends,I make sure I take of things (yard work,ect) even if it means hiring someone to do odd jobs around the house.Family time is more important to us.

MomToovey
by Marianne on Feb. 12, 2012 at 6:01 PM

Quoting OliviaW.:

I can see both ways. He should spend time with his kids but it's a good thing that he does things around the house. Are you working or a SAHM? If you're a SAHM have you tried asking him if there's somethings that you can do around the house so he could have more time to be with the kids? 

LadyLotus3
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 6:12 PM

My husband did the same thing and still does. Except he worked those hours 6 days a week and his off day(Sunday) was spent lounging around napping and watching tv and not wanting to be bothered too much.

I wasnt a happy camper but its what was. Even now that he's dying he spends more time with his buddy playing guitar than with us and makes promises to do stuff than falls through. This is the time it hurts worse than when he worked full time.

Do I do anything about it other than voice concern every now and then...nope cuz that just causes hell in my house and right now all I want is calm.

hiba84
by on Feb. 13, 2012 at 6:54 AM

I think you have the right to be mad. But before that, you could talk to him about it and explain how important it is for you to spend time with him and the kids. Good luck

Heidi5711
by on Feb. 13, 2012 at 7:01 AM
I know the feeling and we don't have kids yet my dh works from any where of 5am until 12am(not lately). But Sundays I can hardly get him to spend time with me he works up to 7 days a week. I do get mad but I have found that its better if I just tell him I think you need to drop everything for a few hours and spend time with me. My hubby usally does then... maybe try that tell him everything else can wait!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)