Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hi! I am new & need some advice **Update! With Pics!**

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 6:50 PM
  • 20 Replies

Hi! I am Raegan, and I am new to this group but not to CM. I am 28 years old and live in Texas. My bf of over 2 years lives in NM and is in the Army. He will be out in 2 months and 3 weeks! :). Yay..then we can finally start together in the same town. I love him to death and we do plan to get married. My ds is 6 and his dd is 9. They play together well and of course I love my son and adore his daughter. That being said, his dd has a bad home life with her Mom. She doesnt have her own room nor her own bed. At times she sleeps on the floor. Her mother sends her to school dirty and snotty, so she gets made fun of bad. So I have an extra room at my house so I have turned my office/at home bakery into a bedroom for her. It is finally done and I cannot wait for her to see it!

So onto my advice part...I am in need of help because I have a little basket for her on her nightstand next to her bed. I am going to fill it with "girl" items. What do you ladies think should go in there? I have gotten as far as a hair brush, hair clips, lotion......I just don't know after that. I have a boy and am used to boy things lol.

Thank you in advance, and hope to get to know ladies!

~Raegan~

***UPDATE: Good evening, ladies. Thank you so much for all of your help! I went and got most of the stuff for her room today....so I wanted to update you all since you helped me so much. I put her little clips on ribbons and put them on each side of her mirror. I took some pictures so just thought I'd share. Sorry if they're not good. I know one of them is funky lol.    ~Raegan~ ***

Sorry it's blurry..Those are the clips on each side of her mirror and headbands.

Her night stand with stuff I bought and the Valentines day present ds picked out:)

Sorry--this one isn't so good. I was trying to show you what's inside..tissues, finger nail polish, chapstick, lip gloss, markers, crayons, a doddle pad, hair brush...a few other things...

Faith, Hope & Love "I Will Have Faith in YOU, Hope For YOU To Come Home To Me & Love YOU More Every Day".
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 6:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CLSmommy09
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 7:16 PM

Chapstick /lipgloss, headbands, nail polish (if BF allows it) deodorant, maybe girly pillowcases

CLSmommy09
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 7:16 PM

or girly socks  

Ally_346_2010
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 7:19 PM
Aww what a great idea!
Yes chapstick, the socks are a great idea, scented body spray, and maybe even a book.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
raegan1221
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:46 PM

Quoting CLSmommy09:

Chapstick /lipgloss, headbands, nail polish (if BF allows it) deodorant, maybe girly pillowcases

Great! Thx! I did get a set that has lipgloss and nail polish mix. And I had this convo with my Mom...what age do they need deodorante at?  The headbands are a great idea! And she has the pillow cases...

Faith, Hope & Love "I Will Have Faith in YOU, Hope For YOU To Come Home To Me & Love YOU More Every Day".
raegan1221
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:46 PM

Quoting CLSmommy09:

or girly socks  

Oh yeah great idea! Haven't even thought of socks.

raegan1221
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:47 PM

Quoting Ally_346_2010:

Aww what a great idea!
Yes chapstick, the socks are a great idea, scented body spray, and maybe even a book.

Thank You! Scented body spray and a book sounds good. I know she reads...likes to read..so I'll see if I can find her a good little book.

BonitaM
by Ruby Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:53 PM

bubble bath, body wash, shampoo/conditioner, nailpolish, lipgloss, a couple of bucks in a change purse

Hottmomma607
by Trica on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:56 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting BonitaM:

bubble bath, body wash, shampoo/conditioner, nailpolish, lipgloss, a couple of bucks in a change purse

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BonitaM
by Ruby Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:57 PM

By the way I think that's the sweetest thing ever.  She's going to love it!

raegan1221
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:57 PM

Quoting BonitaM:

Those are great ideas..thank you! Amazing what I just didn't think about lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)