Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

need advice

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 11:20 PM
  • 4 Replies

me and my hubby got in to  big arguement and blew up at eachother we keep getting in to this same arguement i feel like i am the only one that doeslike push myself to stay up with him when he needs it but he dont when i need it and then when i tell him to leave me alone (more so i can calm down) he will not but when he says to leave him alone i do what can i do

by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 11:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Faeta
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 11:30 PM
hugs.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lilmomma642
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 11:58 PM

thank you

samanthabecker
by on Feb. 13, 2012 at 11:53 AM
What are you guys fighting about?
MomToovey
by Marianne on Feb. 13, 2012 at 4:29 PM

Not knowing the full story will make it hard for me to give the best advice, but I don't want to ask about your personal life - nor should you be expected to reveal it. So I'm just going to say that when it comes to the topic the two of you argue about, try a different approach. Instead talking, listen. Instead of shouting, validate (aka "I understand that you feel this way, and that's ok, let's figure out a way to solve it"). Stay away from any language or tone that will imply blame - he's not going to listen and will only get defensive. If the two of you can remain calm, the issue will be much easier to solve. If neither of you can come up with a solution, it may be time for a third party (counselor) to be involved. Good luck.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)