Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

my hubby wants me to get my tubes tied but i am just not ready for that.  we know we dont want any more kids right now.  but in 5yrs? and it's a big change for a woman's body.  i told him he should have his tubes tied.  it's faster, easier and can be reversed fairly easy if we choose to have more kids later.  then when i asked my dad about it he sided with my hubby.  saying that when a man is "fixed" it changes their drive in life.  what?  i get it's a big change for both man and woman.  right now i have an implant for birth control.  but it's fixng to have to come out.  so idk if i should get another one for 3yrs or one of us get fixed and not have to worry about it.  so do u have ur tubes tied, ur hubby have his, or do u use birth control.  

by on Feb. 19, 2012 at 12:57 PM
Replies (91-100):
hopealways4019
by Bronze Member on Feb. 20, 2012 at 2:37 PM
I use BC, I'm going to let nature tie my tubes for me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LadyLotus3
by on Feb. 20, 2012 at 2:43 PM

My tubes were tied after my last child was born.

I wanted DH to have a V but it made more sense for me to get it done since I would be open(I had c/sections) so I did it.

Drives change with either procedure as well as age, stress,etc. So the argument is crap that he'll suffer if he gets done.

lauriebash
by on Feb. 20, 2012 at 2:47 PM

My tubes were tied 16 years ago. My husband was HORRIFIED at the thought of getting "fixed". We were definitely done having children, so it didn't bother me so much, but I know it would have been MUCH easier for him. I had some problems afterwards, and that made him feel bad that he didn't do it, but it all turned out OK.

Now, if there was ANY chance at all that we would have possibly wanted more children later, neither of us would have gotten surgery. The reversal statistics aren't high enough for me to be comfortable with in either procedure.

i.heart.myboys
by on Feb. 20, 2012 at 4:00 PM
I got mine done because I had insurance at the time. I got the ensure procedure done and it didn't hurt after a few days
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CowgirlMama0508
by Bronze Member on Feb. 20, 2012 at 4:38 PM
Way I look at it is...I birthed 3 children...I did more than him. He agreed to get it done. We had our last baby last August. After we get moved and settled in...snip snip for him!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jesusgirl76
by on Feb. 20, 2012 at 4:44 PM

Quoting DragonLuv:

DH was more than happy to be snipped....he knew it was easier and less evasive for him than me.

bowtieqt35
by Member on Feb. 20, 2012 at 11:38 PM

hahahahahahaha it didnt do that to my hubby when he had his s*** snipped lol. Its easier for the man to do it, shorter recovery time & all that. Tell dad pfftttttttttttt lol Im with you onthis one tell him to get it done.

Mrs.TWilliam353
by on Feb. 23, 2012 at 9:31 PM

Well, I don't see what's the rush, but actually tying your tubes don't have to be a permanent thing. Because if youever changed your mind, youcould get them untied. So what youprobably would want to stay away from is getting them clipped and burnt.

But if you are just worried about the physical part of it, I'm sure he might compromise with you and maybe you can get another implant. And there is birth control that lasts up to seven years like an IUD.

There are other options. Just ask your healthcare provider and sit down and let your husband know how you really feel.

Goodluck

Dr. Jateace Williams

soymujer
by Silver Member on Feb. 24, 2012 at 11:01 PM

I got my tubes tied after the last child.  With four kids, we knew we were done.

family in the van   Mom of four

biancalina20
by Bianca Lina on Feb. 24, 2012 at 11:57 PM
None... I want more kids... But if i didnt at the moment, i still wouldnt want either to be fixed because "what if".....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)