Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Awkward in lingerie

Posted by on Feb. 22, 2012 at 3:01 PM
  • 34 Replies
So my DH's 30th birthday is coming up first week of march and we are headed to Vegas for a week. Well he has bought me all these outfits to wear, and honestly I just feel awkward in them. I want to make it a nice time for him and push back how awkward I feel but not sure how to get over it.
Anyone else have this issue or have you felt this way but figured out how to get over it?
Any tips or helpful tricks will help me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 22, 2012 at 3:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Torienslilmama
by on Feb. 22, 2012 at 3:03 PM
1 mom liked this

hmmmm d are u unsure about ur body or not happy with it? sometimes simply working our and eating good makes u feel sooo much better just about a little outfit!!! If he didnt want to see u in them he wouldnt of got them for u, i say take one for the team!! It spices up the relationship and men love that

Jjsmommy03
by on Feb. 22, 2012 at 3:03 PM
U know just think about how happy ull make him and the great time ur gamma havenwithbur dh n have gun with it . Not thinking about it helps . Dh bought me some n I'm 4 months pregnanay lol he's so silly
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
snotnosebrat8
by on Feb. 22, 2012 at 3:04 PM
3 moms liked this

Oh yeah.  I always feel like a dork!  My advice, BOOZE!  Get buzzed, put on some music and try to lose yourself.  Don't think negative about yourself.  I mean, he's obviously diggin you, he WANTS to see you!  What a compliment!  Enjoy yourself honey!  I'm jealous :) 

quirky_mama
by on Feb. 22, 2012 at 3:05 PM
1 mom liked this

Just put them on and go with it. Ignore the little voice telling you you don't look good (fyi that voice always lies!) and allow yourself to hear and see how sexy your hubby thinks you are. Have fun. :)

MomsRule723
by on Feb. 22, 2012 at 3:06 PM
3 moms liked this

A couple of good drinks will take the edge off for sure.  Seriously not joking here.  I never have felt comfortable in lingerie even when I was a skinny minnie.  If your DH bought them for you, then he must be okay with seeing all of you and more.  Just have a couple of glasses of wine and have fun!!

MamaNeeNee
by on Feb. 22, 2012 at 3:07 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm jealous too! Wish I could get mine into stuff like that.. Seems like such fun!

Quoting snotnosebrat8:

Oh yeah.  I always feel like a dork!  My advice, BOOZE!  Get buzzed, put on some music and try to lose yourself.  Don't think negative about yourself.  I mean, he's obviously diggin you, he WANTS to see you!  What a compliment!  Enjoy yourself honey!  I'm jealous :) 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lani-mommi
by on Feb. 22, 2012 at 3:07 PM
He thinks your sexy just roll with it and buy him some sexy silk boxers too
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sPiCyNiNjAkItTy
by on Feb. 22, 2012 at 3:08 PM

I don't think I could ever wear something someone else picked out for me. I feel great in the right stuff.

luvnhd14
by on Feb. 22, 2012 at 3:10 PM
1 mom liked this
vegas makes strong drinks ull be good have fun
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lorelei10
by on Feb. 22, 2012 at 3:11 PM
1 mom liked this

This!!! lol unless you are the self conscious weepy drunk lol. But really i understand how you feel, it is so hard to parade around in lingerie sometimes even though i love how pretty it makes me feel just because im so self conscious but really, IMO if he is buying you certain outfits, its because they show off parts of you he likes the most, and or he just thinks you will look sexy in it, so humor him, and to lighten up the mood, get a bit tipsy and wear them under your clothes if you can during the day and tell him and hell be thinking about that all day, maybe itll get you going :) good luck! im jealous too, my dh never buys me lingerie but then again when i do wear it it only stays on for 2 minutes.... lol he probably doesnt want to waste the money ;) lmao

Quoting snotnosebrat8:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN