Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

needs advice

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 2:55 AM
  • 20 Replies

So my husband and I have been together for allmost 13 yrs and today he told me he feels like walking out on me and the kids. We don't talk like we used to and we don't have much sex due to kids and time and busy schedule. I fear I have done something wrong to end up about to lose him I love him to death and don't want to lose him but do I fight for him or let him go I don't know what to do. We have been through hell and back quite a few times. What should I do any advice?

by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 2:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
louise1212
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 8:08 AM

BUMP!

RockstarMom86
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 8:10 AM

Try to talk to him & find out what he's unhappy and why he wants to leave. Maybe try and go to come counseling together. Do you think he may have someone else in mind?

jodyann2
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 8:10 AM
1 mom liked this
Obviously everyone is going to sugguest counceling.. but its the truth. Have you guys watched fireproof the movie? Try that and then do the love dare..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Krysden
by Platinum Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 8:21 AM
4 moms liked this

FIGHT FOR HIM!   If you fight for him he may just start fighting too.   The fact that he told you he FEELS like walking out and not that he IS walking out is a big step.  It says to me that he doesn't really want to and he hopes you will give him a reason not to.   If you can go to marriage counseling then DO IT!   Other things.... well, how long has it been since you two went on a date?   Had a conversation after the kids were in bed that wasn't about them?   Cuddled up on the couch after they were asleep for & movie and popcorn just the two of you?    It can be SO easy to fall into a rut and also to stop being friends and lovers when you become parents.   Don't let life get in the way.   Think of the things you love about him, tell him what he means to you, why he means that to you, touch him ... not necessarily in sexual way but just touch.. it's a powerful thing!.   But really the most important thing is to sit down when you can be uninterrupted and TALK TO HIM.   Find out why he's feeling like this, what switch is flipping in his mind, brainstorm things the two of you can do to work things out, find out what HE needs, what YOU need, and what you need as a COUPLE.   Then get busy!  GOOD LUCK!

The single most important thing in any healthy relationship is good communication!  (imo)

nicole2884
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 8:57 AM

i would try to make it work 

ChantalsMom
by Bronze Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 3:52 PM

Quoting RockstarMom86:

Try to talk to him & find out what he's unhappy and why he wants to leave. Maybe try and go to come counseling together. Do you think he may have someone else in mind?

lesbians

Sweets27
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 3:54 PM
1 mom liked this
I would talk to him and try to reconnect again. Remind yourselves why you fell know love in the first place.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
abbysmom028
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 4:10 PM

Quoting Krysden:

FIGHT FOR HIM!   If you fight for him he may just start fighting too.   The fact that he told you he FEELS like walking out and not that he IS walking out is a big step.  It says to me that he doesn't really want to and he hopes you will give him a reason not to.   If you can go to marriage counseling then DO IT!   Other things.... well, how long has it been since you two went on a date?   Had a conversation after the kids were in bed that wasn't about them?   Cuddled up on the couch after they were asleep for & movie and popcorn just the two of you?    It can be SO easy to fall into a rut and also to stop being friends and lovers when you become parents.   Don't let life get in the way.   Think of the things you love about him, tell him what he means to you, why he means that to you, touch him ... not necessarily in sexual way but just touch.. it's a powerful thing!.   But really the most important thing is to sit down when you can be uninterrupted and TALK TO HIM.   Find out why he's feeling like this, what switch is flipping in his mind, brainstorm things the two of you can do to work things out, find out what HE needs, what YOU need, and what you need as a COUPLE.   Then get busy!  GOOD LUCK!

The single most important thing in any healthy relationship is good communication!  (imo)

muisjes
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 4:25 PM
Introduce a date night so you and DH can spend time together and reconnect, both physically and emotionally. You can hire a babysitter and go out without woorying about the kids.
mybaby77
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 4:55 PM

always try to make it work, if you dont you will always wonder what if?    ask him if willing to try.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)