Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Now What?

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 12:24 PM
  • 20 Replies

Hubby went to TX, supposed to be for an Army reunion. He got home late Friday, then ran off with his friends yesterday. Park security brought him home around 1am drunk as a skunk. Turns out it was Dutch courage. He actually went to TX to hook up with some bimbo he met on FB. Now he wants a divorce. I lost my job last April & have been having a hard time finding a new one. For the last month he's sat here & listened to me talk about starting up a jewelry business and the whole time he's been planing on this. So no real job, no prospects & I'll have 2 kids to support. He doesn't want custody btw.

The girls are 5 & 11. OD heard us last night, as she woke up but we've decided not to tell YD until we actually file. AH has agreed to stick around until I can find a full time job also because he doesn't have a drivers licence and can't get to work without me. If it wasn't for the kids I'd let him lose his job. He was laid off and working through a temp service for 3 years while I supported the family now he's setteled into his job and is going to toss us aside like fast food wrappers.

The best part is that she is married too. He doesn't know if she's going to ask her hubby for a divorce. I know I'll be better off without him now, I'm just not sure what to do. Does anyone have any advice.

*Update*

AH now has a bad case of food poisoning from eating something out of our fridge without checking it first. I'm just mean enough to be enjoying it. He's still living in the house, mainly because he seems to want me to kick him out. I'm still looking for a lawyer so I'm not to sure about MI divorce laws. When he says kick me out it's with this smirk in his voice like he knows something I don't. I know it's going to make it harder on the kids when he finally does leave but I'm not going to give him any more then I have to.

When we finally talked he told me the reason he cheated was because I stoped sleeping in our bed three years ago. That was when he started this job & I was working afternoons. By the time I got home he would be sprawled accross the whole bed and when I tried to move him he'd yell at me for waking him up. So I started sleeping in the living room. We also got some new neighbors about that time and he would go over there & drink on the nights he didn't work. The smell of beer makes me sick so even on those nights I couldn't sleep next to him. Of course, he never said a word to me about it, but has aparentlly discussed it with the rest of the world. Whenever he seemed distant, I'd ask what was wrong and he would blow me off or tell me nothing. So I can't put all the blame on him, but even if I did the wrong thing it was for the right reason.

Also, I think she has stoped taking his calls and texts, which tells me to her if was just a fling. He may have ruined the best thing that ever happened to him for nothing.

by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 12:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BaileynMe
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 12:40 PM
2 moms liked this
(((hug))) file as fast as you can and get out. Get a custody order so he can't fight it later. Apply for assistance, any you can get. Get in touch with local employment agencies or temp agencies, anything you can get for now. And good luck; it very much sounds like you're better off without him, though I know this situation has got to be incredibly painful. I'm so sorry mama.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Hottmomma607
by Trica on Mar. 4, 2012 at 12:56 PM

This!

Quoting BaileynMe:

(((hug))) file as fast as you can and get out. Get a custody order so he can't fight it later. Apply for assistance, any you can get. Get in touch with local employment agencies or temp agencies, anything you can get for now. And good luck; it very much sounds like you're better off without him, though I know this situation has got to be incredibly painful. I'm so sorry mama.

Thats just wrong! Sorry you are going through this!

catrig
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 1:11 PM

That's really shitty.  I'm sorry you have to deal with that douche.

MooJoos
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 1:18 PM
Let him go! Let him go! Let him go!
Have him call the bimbo for a ride to work! Tell him to get out, file for any/assistance out there. Swallow getting a temp agency in your back pocket, many positions are temp to perm, and you'll be well on your way.
My children are 6&12 and my SO of 3+ years is moving out (my decision-I can't stand it anymore) and the kids are understanding as long as they know no matter what they have you.
I'm sorry you're going through this, but you'll be fine! No stronger being out there than a mother!
liz.1986
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 1:35 PM

THis! Focus on taking care of yourself and you girls right now. {{hugs}}

Quoting BaileynMe:

We have anonymous posting too!

Join us every Friday for our "I'll take that dare!" viewing parties!

pittymama
by Silver Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 1:54 PM

also if you have any family or friends that you can confide in for a little help until you get on your feet! if you have family in another state or anything, go to them. if he doesn't want custody, TAKE EM! get a divorce, get alumony and child support! it definitely sounds like you're better off without him but he's still financially responsible. 

Quoting BaileynMe:

Wife to an amazing man 08/29/2011
Mommy to 1 little girl on the way 06/02/2012
ChantalsMom
by Bronze Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 3:36 PM

Quoting Hottmomma607:

This!

Quoting BaileynMe:

Thats just wrong! Sorry you are going through this!

lesbians

Sweets27
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 4:02 PM
I would find a way to tell the woman's husband. I'm a bitch like that though . I bet you once her man knows shit will hit the fan and your dh will not know what to do. I would find a family member to live with and get a divorce.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
abbysmom028
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 4:08 PM

This quick

Quoting BaileynMe:

elijahXmom
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 4:25 PM
Agrees and also call a woman's shelter and ask any training or work opportunities they may know of also they can also get you in touch with counseling if you like. Hugs

Quoting BaileynMe:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)