Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Am i over reacting?

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 4:08 PM
  • 17 Replies

Last night on my way home from work im on the phone with my husband who is at home with our 11 month old twin girls and he says hang on so im listening and i hear him say "shut up"  "lay down" "drink your bottle" so when he gets back on the phone i asked him who he said shut up to, and he denied it so i instantly got mad, he acts like theres no reason for me to be mad but he was telling our baby girl to shut up! Am I over reacting?

CafeMom Tickers
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 4:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
xRockaBrittanyx
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 4:09 PM

No, you're not. That's not okay to say, at all. And he knows it, too, or he wouldn't have denied saying it.

toshalc
by Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 4:10 PM

i dont feel like it is eather, he has never done anything like this before! It makes me wonder what is going on when im at work for 8hrs?!

momma0ffive
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 4:11 PM
I wouldn't make to much og a big deal out of it....

Evry parent, parents different even parents in the same house
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
toshalc
by Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 4:13 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh too late for that, i made a huge big deal out of it, and telling your 11 month baby to shut up is verbal abuse if you ask me!

kmab0629
by Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 4:15 PM

Well, yeah that's not right, but first of all, did you ask him if he was having a rough time while you were at work?  Sometimes even the very best parents snap out of frustration.  Doesn't make it right, but that also doesn't mean they need their throats ripped out.  Now if this was a nightly thing then I'd be concerned.  But of course, I'd give my husband the benefit of the doubt the first time around.  2nd time, gloves come off.  

mommaT1983
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 4:18 PM
I would say something but we've all been there and yelled at our kids and feel like shit for it. My dh has a bad habit of telling our 7 yo to shut up and yes he does need to be quiet but there's better ways of doing it. Being your dd is only 11 months old I'd be a little upset and talk to him without the girls there so they don't think you're undermining him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
toshalc
by Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 4:31 PM

I guess it upset me so much because we dont even argue infront of our girls, he sets around talking about how he doesnt understand how someone can be mean and hateful to kids because they cant defend themselves and to me he was doing exactly what he was talking about! I love my kids and if i get irritated then i go to another room and breathe not scream at them they dont deserve it at all! Everyone parents their kids differently but a married couple should be on the same page when it comes to parenting their children! NO ONE will scream at my kids or verbaly abuse them in any way shape or form!

javamom12
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 4:51 PM
1 mom liked this

No, your not over reacting.  They are his flesh and blood and they shouldn't be treated like bull dogs.

ChantalsMom
by Bronze Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:36 PM

Quoting xRockaBrittanyx:

No, you're not. That's not okay to say, at all. And he knows it, too, or he wouldn't have denied saying it.

lesbians

PEEK05
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:37 PM
1 mom liked this

OMG wow that is NOT okay. You are NOT overreacting.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)