• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

FOR ALL THOSE YOU SAH AND COMPLAIN ABOUT ***edit***

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 5:08 PM
  • 92 Replies
8 moms liked this

husbands/boyfriends who dont help around the house, with the kids or cleaning. i have a question do they work? arent they contributing if they are bringing in the income and providing a roof over you and your lo(s) head and putting food on the table???

why dont you take the time and appreciate what they do for you?

my husband works 65 hours a week, i dont expect him to come home after working 15 hour days and clean the house, that is my duty and how i contribute to my family.

just saying.

I UNDERSTAND THAT EACH HOUSEHOLD IS DIFFERENT, BUT MY MAIN THING IS MAYBE YOUR S/O WILL DO MORE IF HE FEELS YOU APPRECIATE WHAT HE  ALREADY DOES FOR YOU AND YOURS.

by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 5:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
RheaF
by Silver Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 5:14 PM
6 moms liked this

Everyone is different, and everyone's marriage is different. That is how you feel, and thats great if it works for you. It would not fly in my home, and thats cool. I do not complain about it though. DH helps out whenever he can without me having to nag him about it(or even ask).  I do not expect him to do the housework. The only thing I expect of him(from what you mentioned) is that he help with his children. Which again, he does anyway. He feels like he contributes more than a paycheck to our home when he is involoved like that.

amanda_mom89
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 5:17 PM
I agree with the above poster.

I work too. Actually, I work less hours and make more money than DH. Who should primarily do the housework?

We do everything as a team. I don't expect him to do much, but I do expect him to help.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mama2ETA
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 5:17 PM
8 moms liked this

girl, the cleaning is about beating a dead horse. 

the dad thing, he chose to have children too, and i chose to have children with a man that wants to be a dad, not just a bank. Thankfully, he has not changed and that's how he still is 7 years later. I think parenting has NOTHING to do with working vs. staying home and housework.

Mama2ETA
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 5:18 PM

Quoting amanda_mom89:

I agree with the above poster.

I work too. Actually, I work less hours and make more money than DH. Who should primarily do the housework?

We do everything as a team. I don't expect him to do much, but I do expect him to help.

OP: If I'm getting what you're saying, you should specify you're referring to SAHMs

cherinmichael
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 5:20 PM
16 moms liked this
I do understand the sentiment but since when does working qualify you to be a non existent partner and father? That isn't ok either. Most women that work still take care of the house-why are men given an automatic pass?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
orangeillusion
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 5:21 PM
1 mom liked this
My hubby doesn't work as long as yours does OP, but I fully agree w/you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
syndi698
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 5:22 PM
Lmao that's how I feel
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommaFruFru
by Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 5:26 PM
1 mom liked this
i feel the same way. The only time i get a lil annoyed is weekends when he dosent work. I wish hed atleast let me rest for an hr/two . He does sometimes. But it be nice more often.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lalahgator.
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 5:28 PM
4 moms liked this
I'M a SAHM, my husband works 100h sometimes more per week. But is still responsile for helping with housework and kids.just as I was.when I worked too. He has no problem. It's 2012....a man is not above me just because he can work more hours than me. He wouldn't last a week as a sahdad. + we are a team.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
misslady80013
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 5:28 PM
1 mom liked this
Great question!

OP, I have had arthritis in my lower back for about 5 years and he would come home and did the extremely painful chores for me with no complaints and we didn't have kids at this time. I am now 35 weeks pregnant with my first and his first son, we both work but I work less. So yes, I appreciate everything he does for me and I tell and show him everyday. He will be expected to continue to help me because he lives here too! Of course I will do more because I am here more but he needs to do his part also. Actually he is vacuuming and dusting as I type this! I didn't ask him to and shouldn't.

Quoting cherinmichael:

I do understand the sentiment but since when does working qualify you to be a non existent partner and father? That isn't ok either. Most women that work still take care of the house-why are men given an automatic pass?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)