Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

She likes her!

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 6:32 PM
  • 13 Replies
Ok so I have a situation! I have a good friend that I've know for almost 3 years. We use to be neighbors then I moved and I recently moved to the same neighborhood again. I lost weight after having my dd and when she saw me she immediately said I look too skinny! Hubby said she was either jealous or she liked me. I didn't think nothing of it. She's always brought me food every time she cooks and she says she's going to get me fat! So I gladly accept it and eat it and if hubby's home he does too. LOL yesterday she had a crawfish boil at her house because hubby just got back from a month gone to work. He's home one month and gone the next and so on. So any ways my hubby is out of town. I told him I would be going and he said if any one tried hitting on me to tell them I had a pshyco husband. LOL I told him no one would with me having 4 kids! So when I got there I mentioned to my friend and our other friend what hubby said and my friend responded with,"do I count"? I didn't realize at the moment what she meant. She was already drunk. I told hubby today and he said he knows she has a thing for me! I on the other hand just think she was being funny. Regardless now I feel weird. I don't know if I should approach her and if I do what do I say? I definetly don't need any problems in my marriage but I also don't want to lose a friend and neither do I want her to like me in that kind of way.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 6:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
chrtymcdnl
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 6:41 PM
1 mom liked this
I'd would just let it go. She was just drunk and playing around with a friend.

CafeMom Tickers

proudmum23
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 6:43 PM
That's what I said but hubby said its more of a reason to be concerned because she was drunk. You know they say when you are drunk your true feelings come out.

Quoting chrtymcdnl:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BaileynMe
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 6:46 PM
She could've meant it... But she could be regretting saying it! When you're drunk, things like that come out because you can't help it, not because you necessarily wanted to share it.

I'd be very careful. If it comes up again, address it, but I'd give her a pass on this one and try not to be around when she's drunk!

Quoting proudmum23:

That's what I said but hubby said its more of a reason to be concerned because she was drunk. You know they say when you are drunk your true feelings come out.

Quoting chrtymcdnl:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
liz.1986
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 6:59 PM
1 mom liked this
I would just let it go...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SuperMom2433
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 7:03 PM
1 mom liked this
Eh let it go and if anything take it as a compliment. If it happens again tell her youre uncomfortable and walk.away.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.Peaches.
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 7:06 PM
1 mom liked this

She may not have even meant it, it just might've been the alcohol talking. I'd wouldn't make a big deal out of it, unless she's openly hitting on you or trying to kiss you or something.

MrsJ_08
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 7:11 PM
1 mom liked this
Ket it go. Just be yourself with her. If she does something or says something inappropriate then let her know.
2rays0fsun
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 7:12 PM
1 mom liked this

I would let it go. unless she makes a pass at you or you really feel uncomfortable around her. It might just be your DH imagination. My Dh thinks every single woman who looks at me, wants me LOL. there have been times that's been true, but I think it's a "man thing"

proudmum23
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 7:19 PM
Thanks ladies, I'll def. let it go and I hope it never happens again because I really do consider her a real friend. Good friends are hard to come by! I just hope hubby doesn't give me a hard time about it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
biancalina20
by Bianca Lina on Mar. 4, 2012 at 7:22 PM
Maybe she was just playing. You know sometimes when friends get comfortable with u, theb they start joking more..... but if ur not sure, then just ask her
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)