Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Endometrial Ablation

Posted by on Mar. 23, 2012 at 4:24 PM
  • 27 Replies
Has anyone had this done? My dr suggested it. Im doing research about it and wanted some insight on it if you have. Did it do what it's intended for with you?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 23, 2012 at 4:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
wodntulk2kno1
by on Mar. 23, 2012 at 4:32 PM
I had one. it was the most painful surgery I have ever had, thank god for the morphine after. not to scare you but the pain hit me being wheeled out if the O.R and because I was a regular at the surgery center, the nurses knew I was in pain. I never cried so hard. after the pain killers I was good..4 shits of morphine..lol
at home I was good. I had weeping for about a week. the thing with this surgery it works for some..I was good for a year no bleeding, then I started spotting, I had an ultrasound and had uterine growth, which is not normal. I was then scheduled for a hysterectomy and that was a piece of cake! so weigh your options. doctors like to go through all the procedures before hand but if your done having kids I would just get a hysterectomy because it will eventually happen.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dingysfamily
by on Mar. 23, 2012 at 4:36 PM

I had one and had absolutely no problems whatsoever.

gooftroop070910
by on Mar. 23, 2012 at 6:11 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Dovealove40
by on Mar. 23, 2012 at 7:02 PM

I had one and did not have any problems, yes it has worked for me, however I really wanted the hysterectomy but insurance said I had to have the ablation first.

PartyGalAnne
by on Mar. 23, 2012 at 10:52 PM

Did it. Love it. Been 3 years!

huskerkitty
by on Mar. 24, 2012 at 10:58 AM
I just had it done in aug. So far so good. Seems to have taken care of my problem.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
samanthabecker
by on Mar. 24, 2012 at 11:08 AM
I had it done about 15 months ago. After I had my twins I had horribly painful cramps, periods that were ungodly heavy 2 times a month. You have to be sure you do not want anymore kids before you go this route. I had mine done in a surgery center, no pain what so ever, however the couple weeks of bleeding sucked but not my period is pretty light, wish I was one of the lucky ones who never have a period again, but ill take a light one over the gushing I had before.
gooftroop070910
by on Mar. 24, 2012 at 3:00 PM
Thanks ladies. I am done having children. Had my tubes tied back in june 2010 after my son was born.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kaitybird
by on Mar. 25, 2012 at 4:04 AM
I had mine done a few years ago. My story is a bit different. My periods didn't stop, yes they were much lighter, but didn't fully stop until last year. Sometimes when I get extremely stressed I will bleed a little. There was no pain really, I was just tired since they knock you out. It is only a few minutes of actual surgery. You spend mote time getting the iv in you and waking up. It really isn't that bad. I was just the 10% it didn't work on at first. Good luck.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cafe Steph
by Head Admin on Mar. 25, 2012 at 9:47 AM

I had one a couple of years ago and for me, it wasn't painful, just felt a little crampy like I was about to start my period. I had to contend with icky orange discharge for a few days after, but that wasn't too bad. For about three months, I had light, spotty periods, and then I skipped periods a couple of months after that, and then they returned to a more regular kind of cycle and flow that was much more "normal" than my old "normal" had been (soaking through pads, doubled over in pain, etc.). By the time a year had passed, however, I started experiencing all the same symptoms of hyperplasia I'd had before, but I think they have to take my ovary out to give me any prolonged relief.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)