Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Are married women really not supposed to do this? Edit in Purple

Posted by on Mar. 24, 2012 at 10:19 PM
  • 754 Replies
4 moms liked this

I was talking with a few friends of mine about being married. All three of us have been married for a few years now. K has been having issues with her husband and is thinking about leaving. So we asked her what the problem is. She said he wants her to do things sexually that she doesn't think a wife should do. We asked what he wanted and she said things like oral sex, and sexy lingerie. Didn't seem to big of a deal to me. So it got me wondering why would she think this?
What do you ladies think is appropriate for a man and wife to do? Are there certain sexual acts a wife shouldn't do? Why?

Wow! I log off for one night and came back to a million responses! :) I'm going through them now but wanted to say thank you to everyone who responded! I'll try to respond to as many as I can...

by on Mar. 24, 2012 at 10:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sagely
by on Mar. 24, 2012 at 10:22 PM
241 moms liked this

A wife shouldn't do anything that she doesn't want to do.  Otherwise...a married couple can pretty much do whatever they want.

MrsMedina90
by on Mar. 24, 2012 at 10:22 PM
36 moms liked this
I think an exit should stay an exit, I don't swing but I'm up for anything else so I guess it depends on how a couple keeps the flame lit.
mamajuggy
by on Mar. 24, 2012 at 10:23 PM
65 moms liked this

I think she's crazy. That's her husband. I believe no sexual act is inappropriate esepcially with your husband. Sex and experience is something we are supposed to want to share with our husband. But i understand if someone isn't comfortable with something that's a whole different thing.

misslady80013
20 moms liked this
Not at all! You should be as open as you feel comfortable with your DH. If she doesn't feel comfortable then that is different. I don't feel there is anything a wife is only suppose to do in the bedroom. Also, if she isn't open to trying new things, he may go else where looking for them. Just something for her to keep in mind.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Kubalabuku
18 moms liked this

If bith partners are comfortable with it, it is fair game.  If one party isn't, it is off limits until either one side finds a compromise or they scrap it altogether.

I don't think there is anything a partner SHOULDN'T do ever.  It just depends on what everyone is OK with and the reasons behind it.  It sounds like she and her man need to have a serious talk about their personal boundaries and desires, possibly with the help of a relationship counselor, to establish bedroom rules they can both be happy with.

Sweets27
by on Mar. 24, 2012 at 10:24 PM
13 moms liked this
Every marriage is different.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ExquisiteMomof2
by on Mar. 24, 2012 at 10:27 PM
10 moms liked this
This. Anything goes as long as both parties agree and have a safe word. Especially married. But an out shoot is only an out shoot here.

Quoting MrsMedina90:

I think an exit should stay an exit, I don't swing but I'm up for anything else so I guess it depends on how a couple keeps the flame lit.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
carinsmommy
by on Mar. 24, 2012 at 10:30 PM
2 moms liked this

That is what I told her as well. I'm worried that she is going to end her marriage over something like this. When I told her that I actually like to give my hubby oral she looked at me like I was crazy. She said it was gross and that wives don't do things like that. I about died of shock.
I asked if she had done it before and she said no. So I asked why not try it? She just shook her head.

Quoting Mrs.Kubalabuku:

If bith partners are comfortable with it, it is fair game.  If one party isn't, it is off limits until either one side finds a compromise or they scrap it altogether.

I don't think there is anything a partner SHOULDN'T do ever.  It just depends on what everyone is OK with and the reasons behind it.  It sounds like she and her man need to have a serious talk about their personal boundaries and desires, possibly with the help of a relationship counselor, to establish bedroom rules they can both be happy with.

carinsmommy
by on Mar. 24, 2012 at 10:32 PM
22 moms liked this

This is what I thouhgt. I'm willing to try almost anything once and my hubby knows it. But my exit has a flashing sign that says DO NOT ENTER! HAHA~

Quoting ExquisiteMomof2:

This. Anything goes as long as both parties agree and have a safe word. Especially married. But an out shoot is only an out shoot here.

Quoting MrsMedina90:

shara2012
by on Mar. 25, 2012 at 1:04 PM
9 moms liked this

Husbands like surprises like sexy clothing and getting oral without asking for it.   It could be a tee shirt with panties.   Depending on the man.  Has made her think it was shamful to do these things? 

Once upon a time I would not have sec with my husband with the light on nor let him see me make in light.   Lol!! It did not take me longer to get over this.  Lol!!! :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)