Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Were you ever tempted to leave your hubby...what made you stay and why?

Posted by on Mar. 26, 2012 at 6:38 PM
  • 57 Replies
4 moms liked this

Last year was a very rough year for my marriage, we had just reached the 10 year milestone and i thought things would only get better. Boy was I wrong, it seems like soon as we reached that important milestone then everything went downhill and very fast. it got to the point where we barely spoke to each other for 2 months straight and were sleeping in different rooms in all our years of being married this had never happened, the most we went without speaking to each other was a few days. Things deteriorated to the point where I was ready to pack up and leave, we went to counseling to work out our problems but that only seemed to make things worse and the silence between us only got louder. I cried myself to sleep many nights and prayed to God to help us come back together as husband and wife once again. After much fasting and praying and looking within myself to change those things which pushed my hubby away from me, thank God we were able to finally talk about what was tearing our marriage apart and work together to find solutions to our problems. It didn't happen over nite but over time we were able to come back from the brink of separation and possibly divorce, its a year later and now our marriage is even stronger and my heart is once again filled with love for the man I know i was meant to spend the rest of my life with.simple smile

by on Mar. 26, 2012 at 6:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
elyciasmom08
by Manda on Mar. 26, 2012 at 6:46 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes. Last year for us as well only it was our seven year mark. But now we anti are better and stronger then ever. I hope to never experience what we went through again!! Congrats on ur working progress
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lovemybabies32
by on Mar. 26, 2012 at 6:53 PM

Thank you!...And I feel the same way, I never want to visit that ugliness again so I try to head off problems at the pass before they get any bigger i think this is key to preventinng huge blowups in the future.

Quoting elyciasmom08:

Yes. Last year for us as well only it was our seven year mark. But now we anti are better and stronger then ever. I hope to never experience what we went through again!! Congrats on ur working progress

ANSLUASI
by on Mar. 26, 2012 at 8:10 PM
1 mom liked this

Congratulations and best luck for your future together:)

I haven't ever seriously felt this about my DH (married 9 years this August). Every once in a while if we have a bad fight I will think about it for 30 seconds, but never seriously. Only in the heat of anger. He drives me nuts sometimes, but I love the big goof.

BonitaM
by Ruby Member on Mar. 26, 2012 at 8:20 PM

I was tempted to leave once.  It was our second year of marriage and everything seemed to be falling apart.  I was ready to break it off but even when I told DH that I had cheated he forgave me right aways and wanted to work things out.  I could never resist my DH and so I gave in and I'm so thankful everyday that he was able to forgive me and we are still together.  Things were horrible and I really don't know how we made it through but I know because we made it past all of that we can make it through anything else that comes our way.  

thompsonmommy12
by on Mar. 26, 2012 at 8:22 PM
I have only been married for a year and a half, one time i thought it might have been a mistake to get married, but once we talked and reconnected, i felt more at peace and stronger for it!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Faeta
by on Mar. 26, 2012 at 8:23 PM
yes. I did leave him.

his brother lived with us and was abusive to me. Dh promised he would kick him out, but he never did. When my dd was born the never had a job lazy mid40's bil got even more abusive but this time it was also directed at my baby.@

bil told me everything (including sex) i did for my husband... I had to do for him too

he tossed things at my daughter, etc. He is into teenage girls and tried very hard to look at my newborn baby girl parts...

so i packed up my baby girl, her things (as much as i could carry) and i left. I called dh and told him i am filing for divorce and its over.

he did kick out bil and i went back. But that bil and his (dh's) kids (all 18 and over) have caused so many problems... I just dont know what to do anymore.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AlmostFamous
by on Mar. 26, 2012 at 8:28 PM
Yes! I was tempted once, not for anything that had to do with our personal relationship though, his ex and my SD made it extremely difficult for us to have a good relationship, from threats and harrassing phone calls to just overall meanness towards me, the thing that made it worse was that he didn't defend me in the beginning because he was scared his DD wouldn't come back to visit anymore, which is understandable, but the way I was treated was just horrible, and I'm not talking about normal teenage rebellion, she was flat out nasty and mean towards me, and her mom was too. I just wanted to leave and let him deal with the mess he created, but I stayed because I was pregnant already, and I love him. I am grateful that I stayed, things have gotten better over the years.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bcbmami
by on Mar. 26, 2012 at 8:31 PM
Bump. I will be back
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lyngerdam
by on Mar. 26, 2012 at 8:48 PM

After we had been married over 20 years, DH got us into some major financial problems. All the kids were still home. Every day for months, I thought about Divorce. We did counseling and that helped us immensely. After a while, we got it sorted out and the year I was sick I was glad I was married to my husband. God Bless him, he worked at a job he hated for that entire year so I could have the PPO insurance. Also, I was glad to have his support with the kids during that time.

jesusgirl76
by on Mar. 26, 2012 at 8:50 PM
2 moms liked this

I've wanted to leave many times. God and my kids are making me stay so far.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)