Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How did your DH propose?

Posted by on Apr. 10, 2012 at 10:33 PM
  • 13 Replies
How did he propose? I want details :P I love details!!!

My (now) DH knows I love to sit in random fields with a blanket and a bottle of wine and look up at the stars (corny I know but true) it's so peaceful and quite.

One spring night in March, DH took me to a field. Like every other time, we laid down a blanket and looked up at the stars together. Before we were about to leave, my DH said, "look at that star right there." At that moment I didn't know which star he was talking about. I was turning my head every which way possible and didn't know where he was talking about, he then said "not over there ,over here" I turned around and he was on one knee, holding a GORGEOUS ring in his hand. He said "you are my world, you are my everything, I couldn't imagine my life without you and I want you, by my side for the rest of my life, will you marry me?...well of course I said YES!!!

by on Apr. 10, 2012 at 10:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AnGLInterrupted
by Kendall on Apr. 10, 2012 at 11:40 PM
1 mom liked this

He proposed to me while I was brushing my teeth!!  I spit toothpaste all over the bathroom!!!  LOL

AlannaMaria
by Alanna on Apr. 10, 2012 at 11:41 PM
Quoting AnGLInterrupted:

He proposed to me while I was brushing my teeth!!  I spit toothpaste all over the bathroom!!!  LOL

That's to funny!
AnGLInterrupted
by Kendall on Apr. 10, 2012 at 11:43 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting AlannaMaria:

Quoting AnGLInterrupted:

That's to funny!

It really was.  I thought he was joking.  Apparently he wasn't because we just celebrated 8 years LOL.

AlannaMaria
by Alanna on Apr. 10, 2012 at 11:43 PM
1 mom liked this
Mine was at my grams I was laying on the couch watching tv when he asked me. He had this whole thing planned out but he was so nervous and it didn't work out the way he planned. It was cute he was super nervous..
LatashaNicole
by on Apr. 10, 2012 at 11:45 PM
Sadly I'm not married but beautiful stories.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
deadlights86
by Emily on Apr. 10, 2012 at 11:46 PM
1 mom liked this
Dh and I went to the museum center for our first date and got our picture taken in a photo booth and we went there again on our 1 year anniversary and got our pic taken again and right before the picture snapped he pulled the ring out and said so will you marry me? Sucks that he was a few seconds late and I didn't react in time. Funny thing is we got married at the museum as well.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lovebugs0710
by on Apr. 10, 2012 at 11:47 PM
1 mom liked this

I didn't really get a proposal.

We had only been together for about 6.5 months, living together for about 3 months.  We weren't officially engaged, but had decided we were going to get married the following year.  He was in the Army National Guard at the time (full-time Active Army now).  He had been gone for drill that weekend.  That Friday night, after he left, I took a digital pregnancy test when I got home from work.  Well it came back "pregnant" pretty damn quick.  He wouldn't be back until Sunday night, so I had all weekend to think about how I would tell him, what I would say, etc, since it definitely wasn't planned.  I was on the pill at the time.

Sunday night comes around.  I'm laying on the couch listening to music and doing some crosswords (we didn't have tv at the time).  He comes walking in the apartment, happy to be home but so exhausted.  He sat down by me.  I asked how drill was, he told me about it a bit but all I could think about was what I knew I had to tell him.  When he was done, he asked how my weekend was.  I said "Well, to be honest, I haven't slept much and I've done a lot of crying."  He looks at me and kind of smiles, then says "Aww did you miss me that much?"  I tried to smile, but I was so scared.  I looked in his eyes and just told him.  I said "I'm pregnant.  You're going to be a daddy."  He froze.  His face went pale and any hint of a smile was gone.  After a few minutes, I asked him to say something.  He got up and said "I'm going to go shower."

Normally, his showers are 10-15 minutes.  He didn't come out for almost 45 minutes.  He comes out, sits next to me on the couch and takes me in his arms.  He says "It'll be okay.  I know what we need to do."  I asked him what that was.  He said "We'll get married."  And that was that.  We went to the courthouse three months later and got married, after also having found out he was going to be deploying before the baby was born.

So I never really got a "true" proposal, but oh well.  We just had our 5th anniversary yesterday.

mrstucker2007
by on Apr. 10, 2012 at 11:51 PM
2 moms liked this

lol he proposed to me we were laying in my bed one day and he said have you thought about marrying me i said well yeah do you want to marry me he said yeah and pretty much that was it 

Heather J. Tuckerarmy

MissElissa21
by on Apr. 10, 2012 at 11:53 PM
1 mom liked this

He said, we should get married. I picked the ring out, he bought it, we brought it home, he said "I want to wait to ask you officially" I said "ok." It sat on the computer desk in our room for about a month. I wanted to wear it, so finally I asked him what was taking so long for him to ask me, he said he wanted to do something special, but couldn't come up with anything. So while we were laying in bed, I just asked him and then told him what to say, and he repeated it, and told me more sweet things. Then I said "Yes, now go get the ring :)" I wanted to wear it to my BFF's wedding (the next weekend) and he was holding it hostage and torturing me. I know I sound impatient, and possibly demanding, but he loves that I make the decisions and the bold moves, and he loves to be the support. Since then he has made his own bold choices and I have supported him. It just works.

mj.bullion
by Melissa on Apr. 11, 2012 at 4:17 AM
1 mom liked this

I came to visit him at his house, he was in bed (naked) under the covers I sat down on the side of the bed next to him and leaned over to kiss him. As we were kissing he reached uner the pillow and I heard a box shut. When I sat up he asked me. I acutally don't remember what he said. I of course said yes, and he put the ring on my finger. I'm sure you can guess what happened after that.. haha

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)