Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Does he help you with the kids?

Posted by   + Show Post

Does your significant other help you with the kids?

kissing dad 

by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 12:46 PM
Replies (11-20):
ChantalsMom
by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 1:18 PM

Fortunately for me...yes! He's a hands on daddy. Dd wants nothing to do with me when he's home.

2lilmamas
by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 1:21 PM

Yes definitely. We both work. Once he comes home he takes over while I go to work.

BonitaM
by Ruby Member on Apr. 12, 2012 at 1:24 PM

When he needs to yes.

mommy2b39465
by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 1:32 PM

yes. The last few days I've been getting aggrivated (not really AT him, just at the situation) the last couple days because right at bath and last feeding time, someone calls him (we're buying a house, he's designing a couple websites for people, and is planning a bachellor party) and he's pacing around the room talking to them while I have to bathe the boys and feed them by myself. But, that's not the norm....

Journey311
by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 2:16 PM

Yes, my husband is very hand's on.  He loves playing with the kids and doing stuff with them.  He and I sometimes "fight" over who is going to snuggle with our 2 year old before bed.  I couldn't have asked for a better husband and father to my children.

busy_mama27
by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 3:09 PM
1 mom liked this

He sure does.  He does everything that I do and without complaint.  Often times he takes over so I can catch a break.  But... I never would have married a man that doesnt.

LoveMyBlessings
by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 3:36 PM

Absolutely! He is very helpful with everything from sports practices, bedtimes, bath time, reading to them, doing homework with them, taking them on bike rides and so on. I couldn't ask him to do anything else more than he does. 

nellyb118
by Member on Apr. 12, 2012 at 3:39 PM
No not really. It's pretty bad really.
I do everything and he acts exhausted after entertaining the boys for 10 minutes...hello I do it ALL day 24/7!
For some reason since he works out of the house he's entitled to come home and do zilch zero nada.
Ugh yeah I'm a little bitter! We talked about this last night so hopefully he steps up.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
yourpassion
by Kristen on Apr. 12, 2012 at 3:39 PM
Me too. The only thing he usually does besides play with them is read them their story and tuck them in.

Quoting mamavaness:

Lol not really. he works too much and when he is home I rarely ask him to help. He offers but I usually refuse unless I really need something done.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
crazylady0506
by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 3:42 PM

Yes my Dh does help with the kids, sometiems I feel like he could help more, but for the most part he is very helpful and always supportive. We have kids from 20 all the way down to two. He is a very good father and husband.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)