Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Wedding day dilemma.

Posted by on Apr. 13, 2012 at 12:28 AM
  • 56 Replies
Okay ladies, I am engaged.. And trying very hard to plan this whole shindig out. I will give you a little background then hope for good responses! I am torn.. I do not want a big wedding. I have a pretty severe anxiety disorder where being in front of crowds makes me very ancy and flustered. I am opting more the small route, court house even would work and maybe a reception with friends and family. So my question is.. Did you have a big wedding? How was it? If you had a small wedding, how did you do it? Did you feel jipped later on? Thanks for the help :)
by on Apr. 13, 2012 at 12:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JennPearce
by Jenn! on Apr. 13, 2012 at 12:37 AM
I had a tiny wedding! Went to Vegas & we had 3 family members there. I really do not like a lot of attention on me so I was really happy with our wedding. When we got home our friends threw us a BBQ. If I could change one thing though, I wish we had more money to enjoy Vegas & I would have loved a better dress. Other than that I regret nothing! :) congrats!! :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LiveByTheSun
by on Apr. 13, 2012 at 12:38 AM
I'm getting married in October, and I'm doing something in between. Our wedding will be 150 people. Not too big, not too small. I'm doing a very simple, elegant ceremony and reception. Nothing over the top.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LRNdunn
by on Apr. 13, 2012 at 12:55 AM
Quoting JennPearce:

I had a tiny wedding! Went to Vegas & we had 3 family members there. I really do not like a lot of attention on me so I was really happy with our wedding. When we got home our friends threw us a BBQ. If I could change one thing though, I wish we had more money to enjoy Vegas & I would have loved a better dress. Other than that I regret nothing! :) congrats!! :)

This is so my style! I am almost debating the whole Vegas thing.. It's like wedding/honeymoon combo! I will definitely be saving up first to enjoy it. Any places you suggest? Did you do the BBQ at a friend's house? I am thinking of doing something similar at his grandparent's house when we come back!
tlbmrf
by on Apr. 13, 2012 at 12:56 AM
We had a small wedding for our families. We had about 80 people there. I would not change it it was very cozy
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LRNdunn
by on Apr. 13, 2012 at 12:57 AM
Quoting LiveByTheSun:

I'm getting married in October, and I'm doing something in between. Our wedding will be 150 people. Not too big, not too small. I'm doing a very simple, elegant ceremony and reception. Nothing over the top.

I applaud you. 150 people scares the living crap out of me. I think if it were more than 10-15 I would start sweating and getting all anxious. Congrats though. October is a great month! (my birthday :)
LRNdunn
by on Apr. 13, 2012 at 1:00 AM
Quoting tlbmrf:

We had a small wedding for our families. We had about 80 people there. I would not change it it was very cozy

That sounds great. Sometimes I wish I could do something like that.. But like I said, more than about 15 people and I would be too flustered to enjoy my own wedding! Ha
mybabysmama35
by Bronze Member on Apr. 13, 2012 at 10:02 AM

My was somewhere in between. Not to big but not real small either. I was very happy with how it turned out. You need to do what you feel is best and what you feel you can handle. Whether big or small the result is the same. You will be married!!! Congrats and good luck with whatever you do! :)

sbell719
by Member on Apr. 13, 2012 at 10:23 AM
Small wedding. We got married on Eureka Springs in front of about 15 people. It was fantastic! We had a large reception the following weekend. I would not change a thing!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
yourpassion
by Kristen on Apr. 13, 2012 at 10:25 AM

we had a medium wedding, about 120 or so people.  i loved it, wouldn't change it.  my sister had a smaller wedding, about 80 i think, and she loved hers. 

i really think you should have what you are comfortable with :-) it's your day and you should definatly enjoy it and be comfortable.  congrats by the way!!!!!

LRNdunn
by on Apr. 13, 2012 at 10:31 AM
Quoting sbell719:

Small wedding. We got married on Eureka Springs in front of about 15 people. It was fantastic! We had a large reception the following weekend. I would not change a thing!

Did you do a traditional reception? What kind of venue was it? I'm confused how to do a reception with no "real" wedding.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)