Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage
Okay ladies, I am engaged.. And trying very hard to plan this whole shindig out. I will give you a little background then hope for good responses! I am torn.. I do not want a big wedding. I have a pretty severe anxiety disorder where being in front of crowds makes me very ancy and flustered. I am opting more the small route, court house even would work and maybe a reception with friends and family. So my question is.. Did you have a big wedding? How was it? If you had a small wedding, how did you do it? Did you feel jipped later on? Thanks for the help :)
by on Apr. 13, 2012 at 12:28 AM
Replies (11-20):
sbell719
by Member on Apr. 13, 2012 at 10:39 AM
1 mom liked this
My MIL put it all together.

It was kind of traditional. We served food and drinks, had a cake the whole nine yards. We had center pieces and flowers and a photographer too.

We rented a building at a local park. It had a beautiful view of a pond. It worked out very well for us.

Quoting LRNdunn:

Quoting sbell719:

Small wedding. We got married on Eureka Springs in front of about 15 people. It was fantastic! We had a large reception the following weekend. I would not change a thing!

Did you do a traditional reception? What kind of venue was it? I'm confused how to do a reception with no "real" wedding.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HopefulMommy89
by on Apr. 13, 2012 at 10:46 AM
1 mom liked this
We had about 110 people at our wedding (but invited 275). I would have changed part of the guest list to have not invited some people who don't give a crap about DH and me, and would have added others who we didn't invite but who were upset that they weren't invited. Other than that, our day was pretty much perfect!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Miller11
by on Apr. 13, 2012 at 11:02 AM
1 mom liked this

We had a small  wedding. Very small. As in, just my DH, myself, the officiant and the photographer. It was beautiful, exactly what we wanted. We wrote our own vows, we were able to take our time and enjoy the moment and each other. I wouldnt have changed anything

fostermomoftwo
by on Apr. 13, 2012 at 11:06 AM
1 mom liked this

we just invited the closest friends and family and it was amazing

kayleesmom42328
by Bronze Member on Apr. 13, 2012 at 11:07 AM
1 mom liked this

We had a small church wedding with family & friends. We had a reception after. We were able to get married for under $500 thats including my dress, suits, flowers, food, pastor, singer & honeymoon. We did it cheap wth help from family & friends.

lauriebash
by on Apr. 13, 2012 at 11:10 AM

We had a fairly large wedding. I guess about 200 invites went out. It's hard to remember how many were there, since it was over 20 years ago. I think I would have enjoyed a very small wedding just as well, but I am an only child and I did it more for my mom. I will never forget that perfect day, except how many were there to share it with us. haha

MommaH1021
by on Apr. 13, 2012 at 11:17 AM
I've been married twice. The first wedding was about 130 people and the second was about 200. I didn't want a big wedding the second time around but DH hadn't been married before and has a huge family. Plus our wedding was the first one in the family in 9 years so it was a big deal. I was a bit nervous but everything turned out perfect.

Keep in mind that more people come to the reception than to the ceremony too. Maybe that will ease a bit of your anxiety?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommaH1021
by on Apr. 13, 2012 at 11:19 AM
We invited 286 and still ended up with about 205 that attended. I was hoping for more like the number you had LOL

Quoting HopefulMommy89:

We had about 110 people at our wedding (but invited 275). I would have changed part of the guest list to have not invited some people who don't give a crap about DH and me, and would have added others who we didn't invite but who were upset that they weren't invited. Other than that, our day was pretty much perfect!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Serenity7
by Platinum Member on Apr. 13, 2012 at 11:22 AM

I had a very small wedding

LRNdunn
by on Apr. 13, 2012 at 11:42 AM
Quoting kayleesmom42328:

We had a small church wedding with family & friends. We had a reception after. We were able to get married for under $500 thats including my dress, suits, flowers, food, pastor, singer & honeymoon. We did it cheap wth help from family & friends.

That is partly my goal too. I just can't fathom spending outrageous money on one day when there is plenty I could put the money towards later.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)