Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage
Okay ladies, I am engaged.. And trying very hard to plan this whole shindig out. I will give you a little background then hope for good responses! I am torn.. I do not want a big wedding. I have a pretty severe anxiety disorder where being in front of crowds makes me very ancy and flustered. I am opting more the small route, court house even would work and maybe a reception with friends and family. So my question is.. Did you have a big wedding? How was it? If you had a small wedding, how did you do it? Did you feel jipped later on? Thanks for the help :)
by on Apr. 13, 2012 at 12:28 AM
Replies (51-56):
biancalina20
by Bianca Lina on Apr. 14, 2012 at 4:59 PM
Our party was at our house.

Quoting LRNdunn:

Quoting biancalina20:

We basically got married real quick (courthouse thing) then had a big party!:)

This is pretty much what I want to do. I just can't figure out how to do the reception/ party or any good locations for it without breaking the bank or it being weird. Ha
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cmkahn
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 5:03 PM
We got married in Vegas in the chapel of The Luxor, where we stayed for a week. Their chapel is very classy and nobody believed it was Vegas! Lol! My mom, sister and childhood BFF were the only 3 there and thank God they were...I would have NEVER been able to get my dress on by myself!! Three months after the wedding we had a reception and I wore my dress again so I could get wedding pics with all of our family members. Best experience ever!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cmkahn
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 5:20 PM
Do you have family and friends that can help with the reception? My mom made the cake, it's her side thing! My family all chipped in and brought different foods...one made huge veggie platter...one fruit...one sandwiches. I also got lucky my stepdads good friend was the jambalaya king one year (we live in south Louisiana in the jambalaya capital!) and he made a huge jambalaya. My BFF is a photographer and a good friend is a DJ. I paid $500 for the hall and I bought the wine and drinks. It is so doable on a small budget if you just ask friends and family to pitch in!! Even if it's a backyard shindig they can still help out!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Daisyducc
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 5:29 PM
We wanted to just go o the courthouse and my parents insisted on a wedding. DH and I are both quiet and introverted, not liking being the center of attention. We ended up having about 85 people. It was a lovely day and I don't regret it, but I don't think I would have regretted the courthouse option and a smaller reception, either. So, I guess I am no help...do what feels right to you.
nverheyn2011
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 5:34 PM

I didn't have a big wedding. I had a very small church wedding with only family, and our closest of friends. While my parents bitched and moaned about not having the big lavish wedding where my dad would walk me down the aisle, and the rice and the drive away with the "just married" sign in the back window... I loved our special day. If you are uncomfortable with big crowds, I'd just have the people you love and feel most comfortable with there. Yeah, sure, those not invited with complain about not being there, but heck, it's your life, your decision! Sooner or later they'll understand, and if not, well... it's their immaturity.

hollydaze1974
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 5:45 PM
I had small one, a chapel and there was no way I felt gipped (75) no best man or maid of honor...just my son,nephew and niece....it was so tiny and like a fairy tale. a reception that was a lot of fun. I didn't feel "gipped" because I picked the right husband. The wedding was beautiful, the marriage is wonderful
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN