Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Husband and ex girlfriend as friend (Please help)

Posted by   + Show Post

My husband has run into an ex from back in his high school days..... I meet her she seem o.k. she was married with three kids.... as time has passed we invited her to our family get together and she invited us to hers ... well about two months ago she needed a job and my husband and I work at a large car plant and he got her a job working with us.She is in a bad marriage and has made a couple of side way comments on how she should have hung on to my husband. I told him that I was o.k. with them being friends .... I told him that I would trust him til he proved me wrong but if he ever did that would be the end. With that said .... my husband around Easter took 3 extra days off so that he wouldn't lose them. On Tuesday of this week he informed me that she had bought him a 40.00 dollar hat. I asked why in the world would she do that. he tells that he had made her a bracelet to go with a necklace that she had ....... (My husband makes jewelry) then he informs that that they went to lunch on Monday.  he drops all this on me and I had to leave and didn't get to talk to him til the next afternoon by this time I am so made I swear I could have blown up.... we get into an argument and he keeps holding to the fact that I gave him permission to be her friend and since I am going through some hormonal things in my mid 40's I have been angry and that telling me all this would have just set me off. Now he is giving me the silent treatment in which I don't get because the way I see it I should be mad at him ....it feels like he wants out of the marriage and will not own up to it. I don't know ....all I know is that I would never disrespect him by going out with a man in a bad marriage. I would never have excepted a gift from a married man nor would I give a gift to said man .....please help me I feel hurt most of all.  Jill

by on Apr. 13, 2012 at 4:21 PM
Replies (41-41):
gmadiane
by Bronze Member on Apr. 19, 2012 at 5:08 PM

Quoting teqrose66:

He was full on board dropped her as a FB friend and off his phone  and gave me the hat to take back to her ..... I went to work and handed her the hat and told her  .."This belongs to you ... My husband doesnt need your gifts ....she hasnt spoken a word to me since and she makes sure that she is gone before I get to work or at least she hides til I leave. When this first happened I had to let some time pass .... I have a huge temper not jealousy but the disrepect ... I finally got to where I was able to apporach her and not flip out. For the people that are like well if you love him then there should be trust ...yes I believe in that ...but you cant be stupid at the same time .... when something stinks you need to check it out and ..... There is no way I would disrepect him like that ... I love him too much to take that kinda chance of hurting him  .... and I believe that I deserve the same. We have been spending more time togeather  and things are better than they have been in a long while.

good for you! I am so glad that things are better between you now

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)