Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

WHAT!?!

Posted by on Apr. 13, 2012 at 7:59 PM
  • 4 Replies
So, i'm home alone and having a rough time dealing with trying to find something for dinner for my 16 month old and trying to deal with my 3 week old screaming (she eats for 5 mins and then she's hungry 10 mins later). Being overwhelmed, I call my DH who is at his office (he owns his own business - no employees) and tell him I'm overwhelmed. He says "I'll come home soon". So when he gets home and things calm down he says "I think I'm going to tell Coke no." WHAT??!! He just interviewed with Coke and after a delay in them getting back to him letting him know he was hired he says this?! I ask him why and he says "I don't want you being stressed out. Its easier now that they're both not up and running around." This is the first time I've said I was overwhelmed with both of them. If I knew he was going to respond like this, I would have called my mom! So how do I convince him not to give up his Coke job? BTW: we plan on homeschooling and I would more likely get them out and doing things than him. I currently work FT.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 13, 2012 at 7:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
jgattis
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 11:46 AM

It may be a good idea to sit down and have a talk with him.  

My husband owns his own business too.  This may be more about him and his pride than it is about you being overwhelmed one time.  If this were my husband, he would be conflicted...the Coke offer may provide more money and more financial stability but there is something about a man forging his own way and creating his own destiny.  Whenever business is slow and rough for us, my DH will start saying things like, "if you don't help me with *** then I guess I'll just have to quit working for myself and have to go work for someone else" (in his best defeated voice/attitude)  My DH sees going back to work for someone else as defeat and failure.

Perhaps this applies?

BTW...we homeschool too. :)

BaileynMe
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 12:02 PM
I would tell him I want him to take the Coke offer, that this was a one-time moment of pure frustration. Then call your mom or a fried next time.

Could your 3 week old have an intolerance to what she's eating? I know it can be hard getting them on an eating schedule. I spent 6 months of pure frustration bf'ing dd before she weaned herself; as soon as she was on formula, her colic and gas issues stopped. I still don't have a clue as to what could have bothered her in my breastmilk (she doesn't have any food allergies or whatnot) but something did.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Laurenmommy918
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 6:44 PM
She seems to last longer between feedings if we bottle fed her Bmilk.

Quoting BaileynMe:

I would tell him I want him to take the Coke offer, that this was a one-time moment of pure frustration. Then call your mom or a fried next time.

Could your 3 week old have an intolerance to what she's eating? I know it can be hard getting them on an eating schedule. I spent 6 months of pure frustration bf'ing dd before she weaned herself; as soon as she was on formula, her colic and gas issues stopped. I still don't have a clue as to what could have bothered her in my breastmilk (she doesn't have any food allergies or whatnot) but something did.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BaileynMe
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 7:59 PM
Hm, then it's probably not that. I would talk to the pediatrician, though, if she continues to seem so unsatisfied with eating. That would wear me out for sure!

Quoting Laurenmommy918:

She seems to last longer between feedings if we bottle fed her Bmilk.

Quoting BaileynMe:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)