Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

be honest

Posted by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 7:17 AM
  • 87 Replies
Did you marry out of love or to settle down?
I married out of love, but im staying to keep settled down.
He wasnt my first choice, and I am not really the woman he loved most, but im thinking like a 40 something man who got burned by divorce, as long as we get along, have good sex and hes a good father and decent husband, it doesnt matter whether I was or he was my first choice.
whats your thoughts about love and marriage?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 7:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
beeky
by Alexandra on Apr. 14, 2012 at 7:49 AM
7 moms liked this

I was head over heels in love with my husband when I married him and that hasn't changed in almost 24 years.

nicole2884
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 8:29 AM
3 moms liked this

i would never settle, i had tons of shitty relationships before dh, 

dh was different from anyone i had ever dated , not completely my type, but so hot

we ended up having more in common than i thought 

i married him because im madly in love with him, i would never marry just to marry an be settled because that doesnt work

6years of being together an i still get those great new relationship butterflies

angie
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 8:53 AM

We got married at 18 and there were no children involved (not that they would have been a reason) so I guess that makes it love. We have been married for 15 years and we are still in love and each others best friend!

frankiesma530
by Bronze Member on Apr. 14, 2012 at 8:54 AM

I married for both reasons.  I wish we were crazier in love but we're happy so that's all that matters.

robertzica
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 9:02 AM

The first time I'd seen him, I felt like home... It took us one year to start a relation (when we first met I was in a relation and he was recovering after one). But he said he had the same feeling when he first saw me.... The rest is history :)

lapcounter
by Gold Member on Apr. 14, 2012 at 9:04 AM
1 mom liked this
Love!!! There was no way this chick was settling that's why didn't get married until later in life.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
crystalrbp
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 9:14 AM
1 mom liked this
With my first I was "just settleing". We had already had a baby together and my thinking was we have a baby why not be together and who would want to date a girl whos 16 and already had a baby. Then I met a guy who was so sweet and loved my daughter and saw unhappy I was in my marriage. I loved him but wasn't in love with him. And my now dh I couldn't ask for a better man. I married him for love. I still look at him and wonder why he picked me and why he loves me so much. I'm still head over heals for him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MooreBoysMama
by Bronze Member on Apr. 14, 2012 at 9:28 AM
2 moms liked this
I married for love. We were crazy in love teenagers. I was 19 and he had just turned 20. We eloped. Everybody thought I was pregnant. Boy where they surprised. We have our first baby after being married for 18 years!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
findingserenity
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 9:28 AM
This..

Quoting frankiesma530:

I married for both reasons.  I wish we were crazier in love but we're happy so that's all that matters.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pinklove22
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 9:37 AM
well we met and we were both wanting each other sexually my husband says i was supposed to be a one night stand.....when we started off i dont want to say we were in love cause i dont think we were it was more of a lust thing and it moved so fast i was kicked out of my house moved in with him had a miscarriage moved back with my mom he moved with me then got pregnant and we stayed together for our daughter i know we just settled BUT now we are so in love wish we started out like this but better later than never
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN