Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

How would it make you feel if your husband said this to you..

Posted by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 6:47 PM
  • 19 Replies

I asked my husband if I could ride with him down to the little park about 2 miles from our house where he goes fishing at the little creek.  I was going to walk my dog around the walking trail they have there.  This is what he says"

"I only go fishing to get away from my wife."  So I respond upset, " What? I thought you go fishing to catch fish?" He says, "If I wanted the fish I would just go to the grocery store and buy them." Then he literally screams, " Just because we are married doesn't mean you rate anything."  I don't even know what "rating anything" really means.  Now he has been ignoring me all weekend even when I try to talk to him.  I don't know what to think.

by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 6:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MamaCaram
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 6:50 PM
Two words: Man Pms
Iconoclast
by Bronze Member on Apr. 14, 2012 at 6:51 PM

You need to talk, a long talk.  I don't know what it means either but there is information being left out whether purposely or not and there is a great chance that the info is left out because you don't know that there is info to be gained. if you know what I mean.  there isn't really much you can get out of posting on here you really have to go to the source to find out what you need to know  and hopefully rectify the situation.

MisterandMe
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 6:51 PM

That is just terrible...I would but very hurt, and pissed! So sorry..hugs

LadyStork
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 6:52 PM
My husband busted out with some shit like that.a month or two ago. That didn't end well.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
batsbelfry
by Platinum Member on Apr. 14, 2012 at 6:52 PM
1 mom liked this

huh?!  That is absurd!  I don't think I could stay with a person like that.  I hate to say to just leave him but what kind of asshat says something that cruel to a person he suppose to love, cherish and has exchanged vows with?  Does he suffer from some mental illness?

BV88
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 6:53 PM
Ouch! Someone has a f*cking stick lodged in his ass. Rude.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
FandJ513
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 6:56 PM
My dh even says he's asking for trouble and has no idea what rating is either. Sorry, he's sitting right next to me. I thought he might have some man insight for you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
puglover99
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 6:56 PM
I didn't think I was over-reacting to his first comment but he said I was. It just kinda surprised me. I didn't yell but kinda snapped back quickly and said I thought it was to catch fish.
misslady80013
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 6:59 PM
Right!

OP, I say at least nut punch him then tell him you will NOT tolerate being talked to in that manner. Put your foot down now, before it gets worse. Trust me. I am so sorry, I would be very pissed off and even more hurt.

Quoting batsbelfry:

huh?!  That is absurd!  I don't think I could stay with a person like that.  I hate to say to just leave him but what kind of asshat says something that cruel to a person he suppose to love, cherish and has exchanged vows with?  Does he suffer from some mental illness?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jennifer_57
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 7:02 PM
2 moms liked this
I would flip out lol and to be an ass..i would go get some nice little star stickers and stick them on everything, rating them one to five. Then, when he gets pissed there are stickers EVERYWHERE, I would respond "well..those are my ratings!" In a coy, small voice and run up and stick only one star on his head and leave the room lol.
I'm in a fiesty mood today
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN