Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Wedding Vows?

Posted by on Apr. 18, 2012 at 2:30 PM
  • 30 Replies

Did you say your own? Or did you just have the basic vow saying?

CafeMom Tickers

wedding planning

by on Apr. 18, 2012 at 2:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Deldirra
by on Apr. 18, 2012 at 2:37 PM
1 mom liked this
Basic. After he said "I do" I did jokingly laugh at him and called him dumb***. He still jokes about it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Crisd77
by on Apr. 18, 2012 at 2:40 PM
We catered the basic ones to what we wanted said. I think there was already enough pressure on that day to even by able to be audible by the audience.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
unsuspected
by Gold Member on Apr. 18, 2012 at 2:45 PM
1 mom liked this

We did the normal vows in my parent's living room when we were 19 & 20.

We said new 'normal' vows ... but not the same as we had said the first time & personal, handwritten vows just this past Saturday @ our Vow Renewal. 

My dad, walking me down with my littelest girl.

Our first dance.

I don't have any great pictures of just Robert and I yet. 

Our bridal party & our 4.

Photobucket
MrsApple
by Silver Member on Apr. 18, 2012 at 2:47 PM

We said the basic vows when we were married at the courthouse,and then wrote our own vows for our wedding 5 months later.

BonitaM
by Ruby Member on Apr. 18, 2012 at 2:49 PM

We just said the basic vow....neither one of us remembers what they were though. lol  I just remember him saying I do alot. lol  I had to bite my tongue really hard not to laugh.

LoveMyBlessings
by on Apr. 18, 2012 at 4:59 PM
1 mom liked this

We did the normal biblical ones. Not because "that's what you do" but because we truly hold those vows as are standard. The basic vows with biblical fibers holding them together... that is what we wanted to base or marriage on.

manifer_momma
by on Apr. 18, 2012 at 5:01 PM
The basic ones but we'll write our own when wr renew this fall.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GE1
by on Apr. 18, 2012 at 8:30 PM

we just said the basic ones but don't remember any of it we just looked at each other and everyone could have left for all we knew. The only time we realized that everyone was there was when I was trying to get the ring on his finger LOL it just would not go on and we all started laughing. Finally he got it on past his knuckle

wishonme_2000
by Member on Apr. 18, 2012 at 8:30 PM

we did our own  this what we said 

hubbys vows

Kari: you are my heart's song, the one I long for and live for, the one I could ever share my soul with .I want to share with you everything about the furture.The joys and sorrows, the happy times and the hard ones. Kari: I promise to be true to you, to pick you up when you fall, and to celebrate with you when life gives us reasonto smile.i promise to be a godly father to Meagan and whatever other children the Lord might bless us with.

Kari : take my ring and my name and all of my tomorrows, and stay by my side always,share my life from until death parts us .

my vows 

Robert,I've loved you since the first day I met you, even when it seemed that my love for you might only be as friends . You captured my heart and since then you've always owned a piece of it.

I never dreamed back then the God would give us today, that he would lead us to a place where we could stand before our friends and family, before God, and promise eachother a lifetime.But here we are.So now, before God and our guests, I promise to love you and honor you,cherish you and care for you all the days of my life.When the journey we're about to take leads to the mountaintops and when it leaves us in the valleys, I will be by your saide.Robert, you are my love and here, now I promise you will be my last.For by marrying you.we will forever be one , and that piece of my heart that has always been yours, will finally be right where it belongs 

we also had a 3rd for my daughter Meagan who was 3 when we got married 

Simplefancy
by on Apr. 18, 2012 at 8:38 PM
We did the basic ones I love them so much and I always envisioned myself saying them out loud
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)