Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I can't let him go..I just can't

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 2:28 AM
  • 45 Replies

I have an ex fiance that lives in Georgia. My now DF says that I need to let him go and I tell him "I know." I have tried time and time again. It has been months and I still haven't let my ex go. I don't think that I can. He was the first person that was always there for me no matter what. He was my best friend. We just had a falling out. Deep down I know that I want to be with him and I feel that he still wants me but we're too afraid to tell each other how we truly feel. Yes my DF does know how I feel about my ex. He tells me that it is normal to feel this way when you leave someone. But I don't know if it's normal for this long. I just want to be happy again. I have been praying about it all and I am trying to understand what God wants me to do.

by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 2:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hollydaze1974
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 3:07 AM
10 moms liked this
don't think you should be stringing another man along if you aren't over another. be alone, get your head together.
Lindalou907
by Silver Member on Apr. 19, 2012 at 5:01 AM

Why did you leave him in the first place? And,have you had any contact?

thatislife
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 7:20 AM
7 moms liked this

Let your current guy go.  He deserves someone who is head over heels for him!  THEN (after you have ended things with your current fiance) go for broke and tell the other guy how you feel and see if he wants to be in a relationship.  If not then at least you can really begin the long healing process instead of continuing to believe he wants you.

Sarlinda
by Bronze Member on Apr. 19, 2012 at 7:49 AM
2 moms liked this

what she said..

Quoting thatislife:

Let your current guy go.  He deserves someone who is head over heels for him!  THEN (after you have ended things with your current fiance) go for broke and tell the other guy how you feel and see if he wants to be in a relationship.  If not then at least you can really begin the long healing process instead of continuing to believe he wants you.

2lilmamas
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 9:17 AM
1 mom liked this
Its obvious your heart is still set on your ex. Let go of your present fiance. See if things could workout sith your ex. If not at least you know to move foward.
MomToovey
by Marianne on Apr. 19, 2012 at 9:50 AM

It's not fair to your current DF for you to love another. I say let him go and figure things out for yourself. Then, once you really know how you feel, you can act accordingly. Good luck

-mrs.mamma-
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 9:52 AM

agree with her too..

Quoting Sarlinda:

what she said..

Quoting thatislife:

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Proud Group MOD
in the  Love & Marriage  and  Pregnancy  groups!!

yourpassion
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 9:54 AM

this is great advice!

Quoting thatislife:

LoveMyBlessings
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 10:26 AM

I think it is normal to feel that way about someone else, i'd feel like that if my husband and I had a falling out. But, I don't think it is normal to be with someone else until you have resolved those feelings. 

ProudMommy51006
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 10:35 AM
1 mom liked this
If u have these feelings about another man, why would you say yes to a proposal? Your current df deserves better. Let him go. You will never know if you are supposed to be with your ex unless you talk to him. Whether you are supposed to get back with him or not, you obviously have unresolved feelings that you need to address and your current df doesn't desrve to wait around until u figure it out. You need to be alone.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)