Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Should I be feeling this way?

Posted by   + Show Post

My boyfriend and I moved in with one of his friends from work. She's super nice and she's becoming a good friend of mine. However, the way that my SO acts toward me is kind of mean...like, he's never loving or adoring like he used to be (when we first started dating) and he talks to me like I'm stupid most of the time. We argue more than anything, now. The way he acts toward her, it's like he'd rather be with her than me. She's more his age (i'm 18, he's 25, and I believe she's 23-24). I'm 7 months pregnant with his baby. I have no idea if I'm just imagining things and my hormones are getting in the way of my better judgement or if this is really happening. Help?

by on Apr. 21, 2012 at 10:58 PM
Replies (11-17):
sqrocket
by on Apr. 22, 2012 at 10:07 AM

Sounds corny, but whenever I feel like you are describing, I remember these lyrics from Gin Blossoms "...I don't want to take advice from fools. I'll just figure everything is cool. Until I hear it from you..." So, that is my advice to you. Everything is cool unless he lets you know it isn't. Also, you will feel so blessed to have a female friend living with you once your babe is here. I wish I had one!

jacobsmommy84
by Bronze Member on Apr. 23, 2012 at 2:21 AM
Bad idea to move in with another female:/ especially with a baby on the way. You two should really be starting a life together with each other.... Not with someone else:(
Sorry hun.... But who do you think he's going to turn to when he gets frustrated?
itsallforher
by on Apr. 23, 2012 at 9:11 AM
1 mom liked this

um moving in with another woman is not good, even if their friendship is only a friendship. you guys need your own place and you need to tell him how and what you are feeling be sure to let him know that you are pregnant and feeling insecure and emotional and you need him to be your partner in this you need him to be your safe spot

windsails
by on Apr. 23, 2012 at 9:25 AM

you need to get out of there, she sounds like a sweet person and probably would NOT make it easy for him to cheat on you, but she is only HUMAN and so is he, it sounds like reality is sinking in to your boyfriends head and he's trying to make a last ditch effort to have a little fun or maybe get out of it all together, even if he really doesn't "intend" it to be that way, we're all just human, and being there is just a helping hand in causing a lot of trouble...i would thank her for her help and opening her home to you guys, but  it's time to move on now...just my thoughts

ShannaBee
by on Apr. 23, 2012 at 11:46 AM
This

Quoting nicole2884:

normal feelings, horrible situation , you guys need your own place

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JennPearce
by Jenn! on Apr. 23, 2012 at 12:28 PM
You guys definitely need your own place. You both don't need the distraction of another female there regardless of what's going on. I have seen this happen & end badly many times with our navy friends. A single sailor, moving in with a married couple. It doesn't even have to be cheating, you just see them annoyed with each other & stepping on each others toes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fostermomoftwo
by on Apr. 23, 2012 at 12:34 PM

Possible could be the hormones, but sounds like to me his pushing away from you..i would be concerned.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN