Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Just divorced

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 5:44 AM
  • 30 Replies
1 mom liked this
Hello everyone!

I have just joined this group and hope that I'm in the right place. I have just very recently been divorced and really struggling top cope with all the emotions and the changes iv had to make in my life. I was looking for a divorce support group when I came across this site. Is there anyone who has suffered a similar kind of upset in their lives?

I look forward to chatting to all of you and getting to know you better.

Love and Light
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 5:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
wildflower1980
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 5:50 AM
I've been divorced for 5 years, remarried for 2. Welcome to the group! :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Strega
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 5:53 AM

Hi & Welcome! This is the 2nd Marriage for me.

Here's another Group you might be interested in as well:

Divorce & Starting Over

Daisypath - (oQoi)

Follow Me on Pinterest

poppysgirl3
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:09 AM
1 mom liked this

welcome to the group. i've been seperated over a year and just waiting for the papers to be signed. i would also recommend the 'divorced and starting over" group (although they are a bit more dramitic then my favorite the "soon to be or newly divorced" group. i hope you find all the support you need. the woman on cafemom are a great mix of personalities :)

newdaydawning05
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:59 AM
1 mom liked this

I am sorry to hear that you have recently been through a divorce.  I can understand that this is a devastating experience, no matter what the cause.  It sounds like you are really hurting, so I wanted to offer a few more resources in addition to the support groups you found here that can also come alongside you and offer assistance at this time.  In my time with Focus on the Family, I cam across this article called "Healing the Wounds of Divorce"  that may be of help to you.  There are also counselors available to talk with you over the phone.  One of them would be happy to have the chance to talk with you about the challenges you are facing.  Know that my thoughts and prayers are with you. 

AnGLInterrupted
by Kendall on Apr. 25, 2012 at 12:30 PM

Welcome to the group!  :)

Truequeen79
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:05 PM
I have been threw a divorce and they are never nice but things will get better welcome to the group
midjet117
by Bronze Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:10 PM
welcome, although u might wanna join separation/divorce support group also.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Wafah
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:20 PM
Thanks for all the kind words of support from everyone. I already feel like I'm going to get through this and know I'm not alone.
Kimber1984
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:31 PM
1 mom liked this

I will be getting married for the first time, hopefully, in 2014. My mom is divorced and I am sorry to hear that you are. Cafemom has a wide range of groups to join and believe me when I tell you, there truely is a group here for EVERYONE. I never thought I would find the one group that I did, on here, and I am thankful that I did find that specific group. Welcome!

mango44
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:08 PM
1 mom liked this

Hi I'm new here too.  I went through a terrible time 5 years ago, and to be honest it's been a struggle to get over my 20 years of marriage.  It took much soul searching and time alone to reach deep down inside myself and answer some important questions, before I could move on with my life.  For me it took 2 almost 3 years to find myself again.  Yup that's along time, but I was in a mentally abusive controlling relationship and lost myself to it at a young age.  So it is normal for someone like me to need answers to questions such as: Who am I now?, What will make me happy?, Why did I let this happen?, How can I not make the same mistakes?, Am I still lovable?  Will I ever find love again?  If I do, can I accept it?  I'm hurt, so hurt will I ever get over this?

So these are somethings I struggled with but had to have answers to. Hope it helps and time will heal if you face your demons!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)