Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Christian homeschooling married mom of 2 :)

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 7:43 AM
  • 12 Replies
1 mom liked this

Hi ladies!

Just saying hi, Im new here. Ive been married for ten years this year, am Christian & plan on homeschooling. This year FEb my son turned 3 and I kept him home instead of sending him to kindergarten, so am really feeling like Im stepping out on my own now.

Nice to be on here!

x

by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 7:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
RheaF
by Silver Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:52 AM
Hello! I am also a Christian, homeschooling Mom of two. DD is 6 and in second grade, just started. DS is 3,and starting a pre-k program. Nice to meet you!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
2lilmamas
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:53 AM
Hello and welcome to the group. Hey I was curious how do you go about home schooling?
jgattis
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:00 AM

Welcome to the group!

I, too, am a Christian homeschooling mom.  I have 4....DSS 16 10th grade, DD 10 5th grade, DS 8 2nd grade, DD 8 2nd grade.

DH and I also own our own business and I do all our accounting.  I'm also a math tutor in the evenings.

Glad you joined us!!

Heidi778
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:01 AM

Well my lo's are 3 and almost 2, so I do a basic type of kindergarten syllabus with him, I use some tips from letteroftheweek.com, and 2 yr old joins in :) At the end of the year we'll get Sonlight's cirriculum for 3/4yr olds, and also look at Moore's, I like the looks of them both a lot!

RheaF
by Silver Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:08 AM
2 moms liked this
We use A Beka, and Considering God's Creation.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ichthus
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:24 AM
1 mom liked this

Hi! I'm a Christian homeschooling mom, too. :) Seems there's a lot of us in this group. I have an 8yo ds, 5yo ds, and 18mo dd. We use a variety of resources for school. For 2lilmamas, first you need to look up the laws in your state. Every state allows homeschooling, but it varies what they require as far as reporting to the district and testing. Then, you need to find curriculum. There are many ways you can go about it. I think most people use some kind of curriculum whether it be standard book work or something like Charlotte Mason or Classical Conversations, but there are some who are unschoolers. They use every day life to incorporate learning for their children. I think a lot of us find other homeschoolers to help us along whether it be organized groups, friends and aquaintances, or things like cafemom forums. Homeschooling is growing, and our kids are involved in all of the normal extracurriculars that schooled kids do. If it's something that interests you, I recommend you find a book or two at the library to get started. It seems overwhelming at first, but it gets easier with experience like anything else. I think most homeschooling parents will tell you, though, that it will always be an ongoing learning process because our kids are always changing and growing. I won't be doing the same things when they're in high school that I'm doing now.  :)

Strega
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:26 AM

Hi & Welcome!

Daisypath - (oQoi)

Follow Me on Pinterest

gem_mommie
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:31 AM
1 mom liked this
Hey ladies...I'm not a homeschooling mom (that is definitely NOT my calling, lol) but I am a Christian mom. I have a SS7 (soon to be 8) a DD5 (soon to be 6) and a DS (22 mo). I'm just happy to see more Christian moms...it seems like this site has been overrun by atheists lately and everyone wants to fight, argue, and debate constantly...in addition to all of the abortion posts, and other posts that are just very opposite of my beliefs. So...HI! I'm happy to see you all. ;)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
2lilmamas
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:48 AM
Quoting Ichthus:

Hi! I'm a Christian homeschooling mom, too. :) Seems there's a lot of us in this group. I have an 8yo ds, 5yo ds, and 18mo dd. We use a variety of resources for school. For 2lilmamas, first you need to look up the laws in your state. Every state allows homeschooling, but it varies what they require as far as reporting to the district and testing. Then, you need to find curriculum. There are many ways you can go about it. I think most people use some kind of curriculum whether it be standard book work or something like Charlotte Mason or Classical Conversations, but there are some who are unschoolers. They use every day life to incorporate learning for their children. I think a lot of us find other homeschoolers to help us along whether it be organized groups, friends and aquaintances, or things like cafemom forums. Homeschooling is growing, and our kids are involved in all of the normal extracurriculars that schooled kids do. If it's something that interests you, I recommend you find a book or two at the library to get started. It seems overwhelming at first, but it gets easier with experience like anything else. I think most homeschooling parents will tell you, though, that it will always be an ongoing learning process because our kids are always changing and growing. I won't be doing the same things when they're in high school that I'm doing now.  :)

Thank you so much.. The information you provided is very helpful. I will defnitely do some research on the laws in my state. I am really considering this.
RheaF
by Silver Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 3:27 PM
1 mom liked this
www.hslda.org has links to every state, and it's homeschooling laws.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)