Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

No Sex

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:05 AM
  • 9 Replies

My hubby is really a sweetheart and a romantic man but I had hystorectomy 2 years ago and well since it is maybe 2x a month. We where 5x a week.. :( I have no sex drive yet doctor said last year my levels where fine.. starting tick me off. I WANT SEX!!! LoL sad that we dont have it he says it is ok he knows I am not in to it. I tell him he can grab quickie he said not same he likes to hold me and kiss and love on me. Yes he is very passionate when we do get it going it is great it is just getting it going.. This sucks. Now if I have to have another surgery in that area we will be screwed... Well you know what I mean,,,

by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
thatislife
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:00 AM
3 moms liked this

"Fake it until you can make it".  You said getting it going is hard but it is great once you start.  So just start without feeling it knowing you will get into it and enjoy it.  Kind of like excercising, not everyone is gung ho to do it but once you start you are glad you are doing it and even happier afterward!

Jerzymom
by Bronze Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:36 PM

I didn't have a hysterectomy. I am going through menopause so I know what it's like when you say "I'm just not into it".  What helps me is, to do what you say your husband likes to hold you. Just lay naked next to each other, no sex. Try it a couple times. The intimacy alone is what may put you "in the mood"...lol  good luck to you.  {hugs}

midjet117
by Bronze Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:07 PM
sometimes when im not in the mood but hubby wants it i touch myself. Try that. Get some lube, that helps too, with both self stimulation and sex.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
xoxomaryam
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 6:22 PM
Aww that sucks! I cant imagine going through that. I do have some advice though. Do romantic things that don't actually involve sex. It builds anticipation and "horniness". Suddenly, that feeling will strike you and the sex will be phenomenal! :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PartyGalAnne
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:40 PM

Love Motion #9 will fix ALL your problems!

mygardenia
by Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:43 PM
1 mom liked this

I quote everyone here.

momof4rugratz
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 7:59 AM

Well another issue here dont laugh...  When with my hubby or well before the Hysto It was great at times i even want to be freaky nope didnt happen I am very shy and closed dont like my body at all yes because all the scares and the marks. I am small when I had a 10 lb babby it really did a toll on me then I have had to have multipl surgerys and issues to take this and that because cancer. I swear I look like a road map and I am shy. I also not sure about all sex stuff that why I asked her. I never gotten the ball rolling I guess how you should put it. Even when I wanted it I waited tell hubby made the moves. I feel bad because I am a spoiled brat my husband is great to me. He is a very romantic and sensual man he is the candle lite when I walk int he room or a flower on my pillow guy very mushy. I am like a stale piece of bread latly and I want to bring sexy out.. It is not happening. :(

MomToovey
by Marianne on Apr. 26, 2012 at 8:44 AM
1 mom liked this

When I lost my sex drive, I made a decision to give in anyway. Every single time my DH wanted sex, I gave it to him. Every time. No matter how badly I wanted to be doing ANYTHING else but sex, I had sex with him. And as it turned out, the more we had sex, the more I enjoyed it. The more I enjoyed it, the more I craved it! It's been almost 3 years now and I'm insatiable!

AlannaMaria
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 9:28 AM
Quoting momof4rugratz:

Well another issue here dont laugh...  When with my hubby or well before the Hysto It was great at times i even want to be freaky nope didnt happen I am very shy and closed dont like my body at all yes because all the scares and the marks. I am small when I had a 10 lb babby it really did a toll on me then I have had to have multipl surgerys and issues to take this and that because cancer. I swear I look like a road map and I am shy. I also not sure about all sex stuff that why I asked her. I never gotten the ball rolling I guess how you should put it. Even when I wanted it I waited tell hubby made the moves. I feel bad because I am a spoiled brat my husband is great to me. He is a very romantic and sensual man he is the candle lite when I walk int he room or a flower on my pillow guy very mushy. I am like a stale piece of bread latly and I want to bring sexy out.. It is not happening. :(

Maybe a therapy would help you get over not feeling sexy. I think that the reason you have no sex drive is because you insecure about your body and you don't feel sexy. that will kill your sex life. I'm sure your hormone levels are fine it's just all these little issues that are preventing you from enjoying sex and killing your sex drive. Hang in there mama!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)