• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Best gift ever!

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:55 PM
  • 6 Replies
1 mom liked this
So my hubby's 30th birthday is coming up so I wanted to do something cool for him. So far I have NEVER been able to keep anything from him. He reads me like an open book! However last night I successfully surprised him with his best birthday gift ever. I took him to see a Nickleback, seether, bush, and my darkest days concert! We were standing in front of the wells Fargo center and he still had no idea what his surprise was. When I showed him the tickets, he picked me up and was just like oh my god I can't believe you did this! And I got us seats in the super box :D. We don't have a lot of money so i had saved up for it and it was a huge deal. It was so perfect. Making him so happy was the best thing ever. I still feel amazing:DDD! What's the most awesome thing you've done for your hubby?
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
BonitaM
by Ruby Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:18 PM

It wasn't for his birthday but when we left for our roadtrip I called up his best friend and told DH we had to stop at the mall to get something to eat.  DH had been homesick really bad for quite a while (he always is but that time was more than usual) and his best friend moved away a year before so he was missing him too.  Anyways, we texted back and for and called eachother a few days before our trip and my husband would always get mad at me cause he thought I was calling long distance to my parenst. lol  I was calling his best friend when we were standing in line at the food court and my husband starts getting mad again when I tell him to turn around...lol  He was so surprised.   He got to hang out with his best friend for a couple hours and when we got to the parking lot he genuinely thanked me.  He has never done that before.  He was really happy about seeing him.  I think this summer I might surprise him again by getting his friend to come up here and go camping with us or something.

Serenity7
by Platinum Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:34 PM
1 mom liked this

Everything I have done for my husband is amazing LOL

Heather_leigh
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 4:58 PM
Aww that's so sweet!
Quoting BonitaM:

It wasn't for his birthday but when we left for our roadtrip I called up his best friend and told DH we had to stop at the mall to get something to eat.  DH had been homesick really bad for quite a while (he always is but that time was more than usual) and his best friend moved away a year before so he was missing him too.  Anyways, we texted back and for and called eachother a few days before our trip and my husband would always get mad at me cause he thought I was calling long distance to my parenst. lol  I was calling his best friend when we were standing in line at the food court and my husband starts getting mad again when I tell him to turn around...lol  He was so surprised.   He got to hang out with his best friend for a couple hours and when we got to the parking lot he genuinely thanked me.  He has never done that before.  He was really happy about seeing him.  I think this summer I might surprise him again by getting his friend to come up here and go camping with us or something.

2rays0fsun
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 5:12 PM

Aww that was really sweet of you :)

JennPearce
by Jenn! on Apr. 25, 2012 at 6:57 PM
That's super sweet of you!! :) as a welcome home gift for dh one deployment I got him a nice tattooing chair! He hasn't tattooed anyone lately but he still sits in it in his man cave because it's " the most comfortable chair ever" he was really surprised & had a huge smile on his face when he saw it. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
thatislife
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:27 PM

It isn't as cool sounding as your but it meant a lot to him.  He was going back to college to start a new career.  I got him a big basket with all kind of things with the university's logo and included a letter about how I was so proud of him and believed in him.  He still has the letter to this day.  And he graduated with top honors and has a successful new career.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)