Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

He is quitting his job, not sure how I feel! *bad update*

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 3:17 PM
  • 18 Replies
1 mom liked this

DH just text me & said he was going to give my Dad his 2wks (he works for my Dad moving mobile homes) he has been having a lot of medical issues, his hands hurting and etc. He also hates the hours, he goes to work at 6am and doesn't get home until around 6-7 at night. I am just nervous, he is trying to find another job, but I am just doubtful he will find one that pays as good as my Dad does. We also live in my Dad's house, pay rent and all that but not much. My Dad just likes having me out here so he can see the grandkids and so forth. I am just kinda freaking out. I know it will be better for him, but he is infamous at hating his jobs and leaving. I wish I could go to work but DS2 (3mo) won't take a bottle at all, I am trying to get him to, but he won't.

We were in the process of finding a new car to buy and etc, I'm scared to death he won't find work right away and will drain the savings I have. I'm nervous... Edgy, ugh.. I hate this feeling and I really hate relying on someone else for income sometimes!

So, if it wasn't already bad it just got worse. I am not happy with my Dad's decision making here. The guys are out of town setting up a house, they finished, and spent 3 hours trying to call and get ahold of him, he finally called them and told them just to come on home. They are already out of town, on there way and my Dad calls and tells them NVM to go back and skirt a house, which takes about 4 hours! Ugh... Now my DH is really really pissed, and I can't say I completely blame him. IDK, I am at a loss.

by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 3:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Serenity7
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 3:24 PM

(((((((((((((Hugs))))))))))))

nicole2884
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 3:28 PM
4 moms liked this

ummm is it just me or is it kinda selfish of him to quit without already having a job lined up , its not like he is single an doesnt have a care, he has a family to look out for

have you asked him to wait gezz

im sorry your going through this

SundayXC
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 3:38 PM

I guess I should rephrase that, I don't live WITH my Dad, I live across the street from him in one of his houses. I'm just thinking of all the extra expenses and etc. I do not want this to drain all that we have worked so hard to save. We started out with nothing, literally, and are finally getting things going. I feel bad for giving him a hard time, because he wanted to quit about 5months ago, but I was pregnant and asked him to wait until I had the baby, had the baby 3mo ago and now he is itching to quit. For his credit, he has quit other jobs before, without having one, and instantly gotten a job, but that doesn't mean it will happen again! And he always ends up hating the jobs he gets, always, I have been with him 3yrs and he has yet to like any job he has had! He even said he wanted to trade me and be a SAHD and me go to work, which if he had boobs would be fine!

Fields456
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 3:41 PM
2 moms liked this
My exh used to quit his jobs before finding new ones and i
Always felt like you. Plus beig super pissed. I think it is stupid to quit a job with out having another one lined up. Luckily my dh won't do that

Good luck
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Melissa0741
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 3:42 PM
3 moms liked this

Quoting nicole2884:

ummm is it just me or is it kinda selfish of him to quit without already having a job lined up , its not like he is single an doesnt have a care, he has a family to look out for

I agree. It seems very......immature I guess. There comes a time in life when you realize you aren't just taking care of yourself anymore, and if you're not working how the heck does he expect you guys to get by? I definitely think he should have waited until he had another job lined up or just sucked it up and continued w/ the job he had. I'm sure a lot of people "don't like" their jobs or their hours, but you do what you gotta do.

SundayXC
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 3:51 PM

Quoting Melissa0741:

Quoting nicole2884:

I agree. It seems very......immature I guess. There comes a time in life when you realize you aren't just taking care of yourself anymore, and if you're not working how the heck does he expect you guys to get by? I definitely think he should have waited until he had another job lined up or just sucked it up and continued w/ the job he had. I'm sure a lot of people "don't like" their jobs or their hours, but you do what you gotta do.

I agree too! And I think he needs to suck it up as well, but I really don't think he will. He comes home mad as hell everynight, and I think I may be ready for him to just find something else. Maybe he will be in a better mood? IDK. I'm so confused, and a little irritated with him to spring this on me now. I text him earlier to tell him my sister was in the ER again with weakness on her left side (she is 15 and had a stroke about 2 months ago) and he calls and we talk about it for a bit then he puts this on me. Stress stress stress. I hate it!

biancalina20
by Bianca Lina on Apr. 25, 2012 at 4:25 PM
1 mom liked this
Sorry, but before he tries to quit, he should have another job already. If not, he could put you all in turmoil.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
biancalina20
by Bianca Lina on Apr. 25, 2012 at 4:26 PM
Sorry, but before he tries to quit, he should have another job already. If not, he could put you all in turmoil.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by Silver Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 4:57 PM
1 mom liked this
I agree with everyone else. Selfish. He should definately have another job before quitting this one. He has responsibilities. And as long as you live in one of ur dads houses you better make sure you can afford it.

My inlaws own the house we live in and we pay rent. DH was laid off 2 years ago and was terified to tell his dad. And basically his dad asked--in a rpundabout way--if we could still afford to live here. And every month he was still looking for his $$.
I cant stand my inlaws. Different story.

You have every right to tell him NO WAY is he quitting. And you should. Now.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Monsita
by Silver Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:17 PM

Try to talk to him....TRY TO MADE HIM CHANGE HIS MIND....

IF IT DOES NOT WORK, tell him that it is not fear to you to add more worries into your life...and go from there. GOOD LUCK!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)