Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

he got my name tattooed on his arm

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 6:29 PM
  • 66 Replies
1 mom liked this
i thought he was crazy when he did it. eventually i might get his name tattooed to my body somewhere. Do any of you have your names on your SOs body, or have your SOs name on yours? How Would you feel if they came home with your name tattoed to them?

Let me add he did it 7 yrs ago, we've been together 8.5 yrs and have been married for 7.5. It was free, his co worker downed a 5th of vodka and said where do u want it lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 6:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
OHgirlinCA
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 6:31 PM
2 moms liked this

Call me superstitious, but I think getting your SOs name tattooed on yourself is the kiss of death for your relationship.  I won't get my hubby's name tattooed on me, and he will not get mine tattooed on him.

midjet117
by Bronze Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 6:34 PM
lol yea i heard that before too. Which is why ive been so hesitant to do it, plus when he did it i didnt know if i truly wanted to be with him forever

Quoting OHgirlinCA:

Call me superstitious, but I think getting your SOs name tattooed on yourself is the kiss of death for your relationship.  I won't get my hubby's name tattooed on me, and he will not get mine tattooed on him.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CMS803
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 6:35 PM

I have a tattoo of a stitched up broken heart from when I went through a divorce, but my heart is no longer broken, so I plan on getting the stitched up part tattooed with his name. It was my sister's idea and I absolutely love it! I never would've thought of it myself.

SuperMom2433
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 6:36 PM
This! We both are too freaked out at tge thought of getting anything that has anything to do with us or our relationship. We have seen three couples break up right after getting tattoos that resemble their relationship. Im so superstitious that I wont even get my virgo sign on me because it looks like an m and my hubbys name starts with an m.

Quoting OHgirlinCA:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JessPatterson
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 6:37 PM
2 moms liked this
When my husband and I started dating 4 yrs ago he got my name tattooed down his ribs. Some say it is superstitious, and I used to think so too. But my husband and I are happier than ever before and have an amazing relationship. I never see us parting ways. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GagaNTattooS
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 6:38 PM
1 mom liked this
Nope kiss of death..I will get somethiwfor him but no names
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mnmom1976
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 6:46 PM
I dont believe in getting someone elses name tattoed on me except my children.When hub and i decided to get married we wanted to do something special tattooed on us that was a part of us so we decided to get the bible verse on both of us and it is 1 Corinthians 13:13.
Deshonsmommy
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 6:46 PM

Kiss of death I have a tattoo of my ex bf's nick name across my back... I still love him but it is not the same love I have for my husband it is like an old friend kind of love so I don't feel so bad.

Mamie_85
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 6:47 PM
My husband does. He did years ago, before we were married. We're very happy still.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JennPearce
by Jenn! on Apr. 25, 2012 at 6:47 PM
That's how I feel. However I do have our anniversary date. In a tattoo on my foot. That's the most I will do & I don't expect him to do the same lol

Quoting OHgirlinCA:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)