Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

if my husband was given a choice, me or hunting, he would pick hunting...it's true

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:55 PM
  • 18 Replies

about 3 years ago i just got fed up with the hunting all the time and everything that goes with it, the expense on the gear and supplies, just everything....i turned to him as we were getting ready to go in the front door of a friends house after we had argued about it all the way there and said "i want you to give up hunting for me" he looked me straight in the eye and said "i can't do that", i let it go, hoping that he would see how important it was to me to realize that he wasn't completely obsessed out of his mind that he WILL go hunting come hell or highwater, no matter how much i hate it, my feelings do not matter it seems...

i know some of you will ask "why can't he go hunting?" if only he would "JUST" go hunting...not be obsessed through the week, on the weekends, on christmas day, on thanksgiving day on any holiday or special occasion, it doesn't matter..... hunting comes FIRST!!!! i think it's the OBSESSION that gets to me the most....the passion he has for his hobby far outweighs any other interest (including me or our marriage), i hate to compete with bambi, especially losing at it!

the filth and grossness is just another "part" of it all, bringing ticks in the bed and crawling on to me is still just another "part" of it...i dare any woman to say she is "ok" with ticks crawling off him onto her (by way of his pillow to mine), we are 43 and 44, i wonder if i can imagine myself being in my 70's or 80's and still putting up with all of it.....

i know it could be worse iguess...he could be beating me i guess...gee, i am thankful he is not beating me...there i got that out of the way....a little...no i dare say a LOT bitter about it tonight, seeing as he just got home here at 9pm from HUNTING after work...thanks...been home all day doing his laundry and cooking supper, sitting on the stove cold now....it happens ALL THE TIME...so sick of it

by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sew4fun
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:57 PM

Uggg I am sorry .

sew4fun
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:00 PM
1 mom liked this

Ok I want to add. I have not been in your shoes but I have friends that have been .They all got more involved in the hunting and it really helped. I have one friend that DOES NOT like to hunt wants no part of it but she looks for and books hunting resorts for them to go to together, she hangs out at the resort or goes into town and he goes on his hunting trips during the day then they have the night together at a great resort. That may be something you could look into.

CayShek
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:00 PM
With my DH its fishing! My grandma always says: at least he's not at the flooozie bar (strip club). Bless her heart lol!

I know what you mean & where you are coming from. Its not necessarily a bad hobby but they can get crazy!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
flowerfunleah
by Bronze Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:03 PM

Girl, I hear you. I just posted about this yesterday except for MY husband its Rock Climbing. This is a common thing among husbands and I have yet to discover why it is.

OliviaW.
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:07 PM

With my hubby it's computer games. 

windsails
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:18 PM

i guess by the sound of it i certainly am not alone! lol! thanks for the good feedback....

LML1
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:31 PM

I grew up with my Dad hunting all the time. I married into it. I'm a SAHM and he works a lot. I think it's good for him to get out into the woods and get away from it all... I guess that's what keeps him sane. But he only hunts muzzleloader season and deer season.

shoot4thestars
by Silver Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:32 PM

I don't understand how anyone can go out hunting that much...I, for one, would be truely miserable! I grew up in a family of hunters.  My dad, grandfather, even my grandmother...lol  My dad wanted to take me, but I wasn't having it at all!! They can go all they want, but really, I remember my dad going out in hunting season maybe once or twice a week, if even that sometimes! But I've never known anyone to be this obssessed with it.  I'm sorry, I don't have any real advice on this.  Hopefully, you can figure something out soon!

JennPearce
by Jenn! on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:38 PM

It changes with DH, but it's been chess, tattooing, smoke clubs, writing books, having a band..and a few other things. Don't get me wrong. I love that he has hobbies and passions. That is part of the reason why I love him so much. I wish I was more like him OR even had the time to have hobbies myself, but I understand. If the guys put half as much passion into their marriages as they do their hobbies, wives would be A LOT happier and a lot less bitchy. I totally understand! lol

lolasoul
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:39 PM
My DH signed up for a hunt in our 1 year wedding anniversary!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)