Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Workaholic husband ????

Posted by   + Show Post

Does anyone else have a workaholic husband who has trouble going from work mode to husband mode????  My husband is a manager and I swear on his days off, he keeps on managing......ME!!!!!  I am a SAHM now...after being a pretty good manager myself as a teacher for 8 years in an urban school).  Our daughter who is 21 mo. and things are peaceful when he has a set schedule and basically is only home 2 hrs. a day before bed....but when he is off, I want to kill the man!  He just has major trouble NOT treating me like a damn employee.  It is like he nit-picks at every little thing from my driving to why I forgot something he likes at the store (I mean, it is my "job", why can't I handle it?)  It is stressful to be around him if we are not actively involved in something like the b-day party we attended today...I had an hour or so of peace.  Unless we are going on vacation somewhere, I dread his days off or vacation time.  I don't know how to get him to stop this behavior!!!!!  It is not cool for our daughter to witness.  Over it!!!!!

by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 10:25 PM
Replies (31-40):
kirstina
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 6:50 PM

My hubby is a workacholic but when he is home he fustrates me because he just wants to sleep or lay around. We have 3 small children I dont get time to just lay around so why should he. Then I remind myself that he works really hard to provide and should get some rest.

MysticIce
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 6:51 PM
My husband is in the military and is gone for a yr at a time with deployments. I notice he finds it hard to switch from "deployment" mode to husband and father mode. I just have to speak up and say hey hun I know you've been away for a year(13 months and counting on this one) and things are a little different. It's hard both ways because I get used to being the sole care giver for our boys. I've found with our relationship we have to communicate. When we shut down it just builds until it explodes. I kno my situation is rather extreme comparitavly but the principal is the same I think.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
little_buggie
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 6:53 PM

My BF is a workaholic, but he works at his JOBS 24/7/365...no joke, he leaves for work at 5am, and comes to see me once or twice a month and txts, not CALLS like once a day and when he does come see me he only stays for about 2.5 hrs and then he has to drive the hour home to GO WORK MORE.  There are more times than not that he sleeps at work or not at all for a few days.

mm_mom515
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 6:59 PM

Are you sure you're not talking about my husband?  Wow, mine is exactly the same.  Example;  I told dh i was going to go to the store the next day.  I asked him if he wanted me to pick up anything.  He said NO.  That night he complained there were no cookies.  Duh, i could have gotten it when I was at the store earlier, SMH.  

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers         Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

jessicasmom1
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 7:01 PM

Yes he is not even my husband yet , but work work work .. never sits still

manda-nicole010
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 7:04 PM

Every time he complains tell him that if he wants you to do so much more and make sure its so perfect he might want to think about increasing your 'pay'... and then say "oh wait... I forgot... you aren't my boss and you don't pay me' and then just walk off lol. 

lalasha
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 7:27 PM
I know it is going to make life harder for a while call him in it every time. You don't go to his job and boss him around he has no right to come to yours and tell you what to do you know how to raise your guys child. You do it every day for almost the last two years. Trust me he will relax because he will get tired of you being upset with him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EmilyMarshall
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 8:02 PM
Talk to him

Magnc84
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 8:05 PM
My husband is a Marine so most days he has difficulty separating work from home because they are closely intertwined. But there are many days where I do have to remind him that we aren't his Marines!
barefootmommi
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 8:19 PM
When my husband was a manager he was the same way.i just had to make him aware every time he was doing it. It stopped when he switched to a job he was no longer a manger
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)