Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Our Anniversay...need gift ideas!

Posted by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 11:45 PM
  • 7 Replies

DH and I are celebrating our 12th anniversary in about 2 weeks.  I need help in what to get him!  We're by no means rich, but he is so hard to shop for because he has everything he wants. 

DVDs are okay, but we can stream almost anything we would want to watch via itunes, Apple TV or Netflix

Same thing with music (itouch)

Same thing with books (e-reader)

Stupid modern technology is taking away my go-to gift solutions!

Any gift ideas? 

by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 11:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Braziemom
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 8:36 AM

If he doesn't need stuff, what about a week-end away for the 2 of you? (It is your anniversary as well). Or spa treatments or pampering?

GCM
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 2:53 PM

Hmmm, does he do any work on his car?  You could get him something he's been talking about installing or let him pick the parts he wants.  I know my husband also really likes certain foods that we can't buy anywhere locally.  For his birthday I bought a case of his favorite BBQ sauce and had it shipped over.  You could "kidnap" him and take him for a nice supprise night out. (blind fold him in the car basically)  I'd think of something you both might like to go out an do together if there's anywhere near where you live that has outdoor activities like zip lining or trying archery for the first time.  You could look and see if there are any fun dance classes in your area, swing or salsa could be a lot of fun to learn together.  I don't know what you two like to do as a couple, but just figured I'd throw out some ideas.  Hope some of this helps. : ) 

Autiziumom
by Bronze Member on Apr. 29, 2012 at 4:56 PM
I asked my husband and he said a good night sleep. Why not pamper him like we get pamperd. Massage mani pedi. Then a wonderful night of good food and u know!
AlannaMaria
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 6:10 PM
Couples massage, nice dinner, get him tickets to a game, go to a concert, get a room for the weekend or the night somewhere,
Redwall
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 7:04 PM
1 mom liked this

Breakfast in bed, followed by a massage, followed by....

vixen42
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 7:09 PM

romantic getaway just you and him,even if it is dinner and a hotel in your hometown it will be special.MY 25th is in 2 years and I am already saving and making plans(we really did not have much of a honeymoon).since I live 30 minutes from a resort area and our anniversary is May 2oth and the official start tourist season is Memorial day I have  found some fantastic ideas,Happy anniversary!

katye43
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 7:11 PM

How about a massage (by you or a pro).  Or write him a poem.  (My hubby cried when I wrote  him one)  Or close the curtains, lock the door, turn off the TV, turn on the music and make supper together in the all together.  and TALK.  Get out the albums if you lose something to talk about.  Talk about where you've been, where you are going, what's worked, what hasn't worked and actually look at each other while you are talking.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN