Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

l need to ask some advice..

Posted by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 12:34 PM
  • 10 Replies
Where to begin.. I need some advice on how to handle this. I admitted to my bf that I cheated on my ex husband. He's my ex for a reason, it wasn't a good relationship. I didn't like the person I had become when I was married. I made a promise and commitment to myself that I would never sink to that level again. I told him because I didn't want to start this relationship with lies. But now he keeps bringing it up. I've never been with any man who is willing to make me a priority, and I want this to work so bad but I'm at a loss at what to do. Ladies has anyone else dealt with this before and know what to do?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 12:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ConnorMom228
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 12:39 PM
No advice here. It's admirable you want to start off clean and honest, BUT, you didn't cheat on him, but your ex. It's in the past, and sometimes things should stay there and never brought up again. Things like that can cloud someone's mind.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ivylynn0711
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 12:54 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes I have been there with my husband now...I have done things in my past and me n my husband have talked about them but for awhile he would bring them up when we fought and stuff like that but i just kept telling him it was n my past before we even knew that each other existed and i know it will stay on your mind for a little while but that's not who i am now...eventually it got better so hopefully yours will get better to just explain to him that you only told him because you care and wanted to start this relationship off on nothing but honesty hopefully my advice helped
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
daisymae0
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 1:04 PM
I'm afraid that's what's happened..

Quoting ConnorMom228:

No advice here. It's admirable you want to start off clean and honest, BUT, you didn't cheat on him, but your ex. It's in the past, and sometimes things should stay there and never brought up again. Things like that can cloud someone's mind.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
daisymae0
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 1:05 PM
That's what I've been telling him.. sigh I guess only time will tell..

Quoting ivylynn0711:

Yes I have been there with my husband now...I have done things in my past and me n my husband have talked about them but for awhile he would bring them up when we fought and stuff like that but i just kept telling him it was n my past before we even knew that each other existed and i know it will stay on your mind for a little while but that's not who i am now...eventually it got better so hopefully yours will get better to just explain to him that you only told him because you care and wanted to start this relationship off on nothing but honesty hopefully my advice helped

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ivylynn0711
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 1:29 AM
I hope everything gets better for you...I know It's not easy
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
daisymae0
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 2:16 AM
Thanks.. I really think time and a little faith are the only things that are going help..

Quoting ivylynn0711:

I hope everything gets better for you...I know It's not easy

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ivylynn0711
by on May. 3, 2012 at 12:55 AM
I agree
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chloesmommy777
by on May. 3, 2012 at 1:20 AM

I commend you for being honest with him. Now the ball's in his court... answer his questions, but if he keeps bringing it up in excess, kindly explain to him that you wanted to be honest with him and his badgering (find a "nicer" term...), is taking it's toll on your mind.

Quoting daisymae0:

Where to begin.. I need some advice on how to handle this. I admitted to my bf that I cheated on my ex husband. He's my ex for a reason, it wasn't a good relationship. I didn't like the person I had become when I was married. I made a promise and commitment to myself that I would never sink to that level again. I told him because I didn't want to start this relationship with lies. But now he keeps bringing it up. I've never been with any man who is willing to make me a priority, and I want this to work so bad but I'm at a loss at what to do. Ladies has anyone else dealt with this before and know what to do?

sdownes
by on May. 3, 2012 at 1:40 AM

I've been there with my husband...I cheated on my ex because he cheated on me...when I told my husband right after we started dating...I told him that I would never do it to him and I haven't but when we fight he says your cheating on me aren't you like you did so and so...I always tell him no I've been faithful to you and always will be...that was in the past don't plan on ever doing it again...thats all I say and it fixes it for awhile but he still brings it up sometimes...

So I'm not really sure what to do about it either but I do know that over time he'll probably bring it up less and less...my husband and I have been together 5 years married 4 years and he doesn't bring it up as much anymore...

Hopefully that helps :)

daisymae0
by on May. 3, 2012 at 2:18 AM
Thanks for that..

Quoting sdownes:

I've been there with my husband...I cheated on my ex because he cheated on me...when I told my husband right after we started dating...I told him that I would never do it to him and I haven't but when we fight he says your cheating on me aren't you like you did so and so...I always tell him no I've been faithful to you and always will be...that was in the past don't plan on ever doing it again...thats all I say and it fixes it for awhile but he still brings it up sometimes...

So I'm not really sure what to do about it either but I do know that over time he'll probably bring it up less and less...my husband and I have been together 5 years married 4 years and he doesn't bring it up as much anymore...

Hopefully that helps :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)