Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Have you ever had an office romance?

Posted by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 12:47 PM
  • 22 Replies

School Principal Taped Canoodling Is an 'Office Romance' Cautionary Tale (VIDEO)

Posted by Sasha Brown-Worsham on April 30, 2012 

Office romance is the stuff of romance novels and steamy late night Cinemax movies. There is no doubt that boring times in an office can make for some super exciting moments in private, but for one high school principal and school secretary in Arizona, the office romance got a little too public. 

The two were caught on camera by a student with their tongues down each other's throats and their hands all over each other's bodies. Yuck, yuck, and YUCK. Discounting all of the other parts of this scandal (school hours, being caught by a student, on school grounds, both married to other people), the craziest part of this story is how easy it would have been for this to NOT happen.

See below:

Wow, right?

Memo to office lovers: If you're having an affair, whether married or not, take it away from where you work. Isn't that a bit like taking a big bowel movement next to your plate of macaroni and cheese? It looks a little less appetizing now, doesn't it?

In all seriousness the biggest problem here isn't even the most controversial parts. It's the stupidity of it all. All these two had to do to NOT become a national sex scandal is to take it off school grounds.

When office lovers get caught, it's their own darn fault.

My husband once supervised a man and a woman at his work whom he suspected might be having a fling. But it wasn't until they announced their engagement that anyone knew.

It isn't that couples shouldn't have an office romance if they want to. Consenting adults SHOULD do whatever they wish to do. But smart people save their office for flirtation and sexy glances only and all the hands-on stuff for elsewhere. It's just good office romance sense.

Meanwhile this couple is out of work and probably in a heap of trouble with their spouses as well, all because they couldn't keep it in their pants during school hours on school grounds.

They deserve to lose their jobs for that alone. Good things come to those who wait, right?

Have you ever had an office romance?

by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 12:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jess0915
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 1:10 PM
Wow, just wow. I have had an office romance, but no one knew and it was a totally different situation.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
blessedmom1978
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 1:11 PM

No. Never dip your pen in company ink lol

erika9009
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 1:15 PM

well, with unmarried people I think it's ok to date as long as you keep it discrete.  I mean really, it's pretty obvious people are dating if they are both single and they go out to lunch 4 times a week.

Now with one or both married or engaged, don't go there at all.  You maybe a great worker, but if you are married and "hook up" with a guy in the office and people find out, they WILL have a much dimmer view of you after. 

Quoting blessedmom1978:

No. Never dip your pen in company ink lol

Erika..

Children are a blessing and are never inconvenient.............

memyselfandIIII
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 1:16 PM

I had an office romance, of course we were both single and we ended up marrying eachother and we never did anything at work ever. Seriously it is bad enough that they cheated on their spouses, but to do it at the job and with children present is disgusting! There are hotel rooms for that, make his cheap ass pay for one!

blessedmom1978
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 1:23 PM

I think that the article is saying doing stuff actually in the office isn't cool. If both people are single and want to date and leave it OUTSIDE the office then yeah thats cool but don't bring into the office. I personally wouldn't want to get involved with someone at work (besides the fact I'm married) because if it did not work out between us I would be fourced to see them everyday.

sweetmissy_05
by Silver Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 1:30 PM
No way I couldn't.
2rays0fsun
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 1:49 PM

This makes me think of a woman I once worked with. She had an office romance with at least 6+ men there in the span of a year. Eventually she became the center of some pretty nasty gossip! Coworkers began to avoid her and she left the job. I felt sorry for her before she left... she looked like she was having major regrets! I don't think she believed the men would "kiss and tell"!

nicole2884
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 2:53 PM

um before i got married i dated a guy i worked with , we worked opposite shifts so it wasnt all hot in the break room stuff

chelsieb84
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 2:55 PM

I dated a guy a worked with.  Both of us were single.  It was awesome!!!!!! Nothing ever happened at work though.  

ChantalsMom
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:05 PM

Never have.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)