Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

When was the first time you and your SO spoke those words to one another? 

My DH whispered it in my ear as we cuddled after having sex for the first time.  We'd been friends for a few years and I was a recent divorcee and very skeptical, so I thought he was "just saying it" since we'd just been together.  It took me a good month to return the sentiment.

by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 2:58 PM
Replies (31-36):
artistmom889
by Bronze Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 9:16 PM

We dated long distance. He waited months, until he could take me home to hismom and dad's. He  first told me he loved me in his old bedroom, we were watching the Addams Family Values...that movie grew on me!!!

shoot4thestars
by on May. 1, 2012 at 12:05 AM

About 3 months after we started dating.  I said it to him first totally unplanned.  I said it before I even know what I was saying, thankfully he felt the same way... :)

love_my3_boys
by on May. 1, 2012 at 12:18 AM
My hubby told me he loved me even before we'd ever dated. I actually had been with his (distantly related) cousin at the time. We got into an argument about his bad choices at the time and I told him I wouldn't be a part of his life and watch him do that to himself. Right then and there we both knew we really loved eachoher. He told me so and said he couldn't risk my not being in his life. He straightened his life out after that night. And it took another yr before we were ready to try dating.
CameronsMommy23
by on May. 1, 2012 at 12:54 AM
He told me for the first time not too long after we started dating. We were only together a few mons at the most. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cazzie
by on May. 1, 2012 at 3:07 PM
He said it in a voicemail. I still have the voicemail to. I was not sure I wanted a relationship and had my wall up so I'd dodge some of his calls and he went into full expression how he felt. I didn't say it for few more weeks.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
coreys_mommy
by on May. 1, 2012 at 4:42 PM

my DF said it to me on our 3rd day of dating. yes, i said 3rd DAY lol. i knew he meant it cuz all his friends were in total shock. they'd never heard him say it to a girl first, it was always the girl saying it to him first, but i was the lucky one! :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN