Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

I have to take a break from CM for a while...I'll miss you

Posted by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 5:25 PM
  • 9 Replies

I hurt my husband's feeling horribly. He read a response I wrote to a post and was really upset. Whenever I reply to posts, I am very honest. I know that I will never meet people on here, and if something I have to say will help them, I try to help.

Someone asked if we married just for sex. My reply was, certainly not! While my husband isn't the best I ever had, he is the one that makes me feel more loved than anyone ever has. I also said that I could not be happier and I wouldn't change anything we have for the world.

Well, he needed to use my computer and my response was still up. The only part that stuck out to him was me saying that he isn't the best I ever had. He said he read the rest and it was really nice, but he can't get him not being the best out of his head. I can't blame him, really, but we didn't meet until we were 27, for heaven's sake! I guess it was like me having to deal with him being married before?

I'll check back in when things calm down. He isn't mad, just really hurt.

by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 5:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
ck1021
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 6:17 PM

OMG...Im so sorry...I can see why hes hurt, I would be, but you said really nice things about him.  I guess in his mind he probably feels like "he" should be the best you ever had.  My husband once made a comment about an old girlfriend he dated in high school...he said she was the most beauiful girl he ever saw...I took offense to this and was upset.  I told him Im sorry he had to settle for a dog like me...then he realized what he said.  I told him that since we are married I should be the most beautiful girl he ever saw....

2lilmamas
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 7:03 PM

Aww thats messing with his ego. Im sorry to hear that. Still reassure him.. Come back when your ready.

suziq1982
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 7:08 PM

I understand why he would be upset but it is a place for women to be open and honest with each other. It will blow over soon he just got his ego hurt by accident.

AlannaMaria
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 7:56 PM
Quoting suziq1982:

I understand why he would be upset but it is a place for women to be open and honest with each other. It will blow over soon he just got his ego hurt by accident.

Agree!
LiveByTheSun
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 8:58 PM
Ouch!! I would hate to hear from my DF that I'm not the best he has had. It would take me a while to get over it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JennPearce
by Jenn! on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:08 PM
Awww bummer! Hope he feels better soon so you can come back!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CameronsMommy23
by on May. 1, 2012 at 1:19 AM
Awww poor guy! Come back when you can!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kaitybird
by on May. 1, 2012 at 4:53 PM

So sorry that he read that, but as long as you 2 can be honest with each other and talk about it then you 2 will be just fine.  Work on making him the best that you ever had.  I believe that being the best has more to deal with than just SEX!  Hopefully he can and will see that.  :)

-mrs.mamma-
by on May. 1, 2012 at 5:05 PM

HUGS!

I'm sure it will blow over soon.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Proud Group MOD
in the  Love & Marriage  and  Pregnancy  groups!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN