Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

After the day I've had, I really despise my father-in-law...

Posted by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 8:16 PM
  • 5 Replies

My husband's whole family has some serious anger issues. This morning, everything was going just fine and dandy, and my FIL comes in the house pissed off because there was something wrong with a truck he was working on, and he just started lashing out at everyone in the house. Then he was washing his hands, he flipped out because someone threw the towel that he had specifially laid out to dry his hands... the day before. Now, I don't know about y'all, but in this house, we typically clean everyday, because there's so many people living here that we just can't skip days not cleaning. Anyway, someone threw the towel in the laundry room because it was sitting on the island, ya know, where it doesn't belong? So he starts bitching about it. I told him if he wanted it for drying his hands, he should have let someone know that was his plan for it so we wouldn't throw it on the floor. Enter flipping out session number three. He gets in my face and yells at me not to bitch at him for whatever, and I'm telling him that yelling in my face is so immature, especially when I wasn't yelling to begin with. Well of course, I did end up yelling, because even when I was in the army, I have never had someone that close to my face yelling at me and calling me a stupid bitch. So in order for him "not to grab a hold of me", he starts kicking chairs that are already broken and throwing them, all while my 21 month old son is sitting right there eating. My FIL is literally five inches away from hitting him with a chair, so of course, I went into "momma bear" mode and threw myself into dick head. At some point, I apparently kicked him the balls, but I don't remember that, although he'd better be glad I didn't fully intend on it, because it would have been with WAY more force. All I was trying to do was trying to put myself between him and my son so I could move him to the bedroom. Well, that pissed him off to no end, and he grabbed me and threw me against the sink counter. At that point, my husband came in the house and saw what was going on and threw himself on his dad to get him off of me. I was reaching for a huge ass frying pan to hit him with, but when I turned around, my husband was in the way, so I didn't attempt to chuck it at him. I have one good size bruise on one arm from where he grabbed me, and my other arm's muscles are so tight from what I can only assume was from when I shoved myself into him multiple times. Now, I'm currently 10 weeks pregnant and was just in the hospital last week for a threatened miscarriage, so that was what made me angry the most about the whole situation. My FIL doesn't care about the fact that I'm a girl, pregnant or not, because he's gotten in his own daughter's face and knocked her on the ground, again, over something so fucking ridiculous it's not even funny. All morning he was calling me a stupid bitch and telling me to get out of his house, because all I know how to do is run my mouth. In the almost four years I have been in this family, I can count on one hand how many times I've "ran my mouth". Compared to their four kids, I am the saint of the family. 

If I don't know anything else in life, I know I'm so ready to get the fuck out of this house, it's not even funny. He has so many anger issues I just can't stand the thought of bringing yet another child into this messed up house. 

by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 8:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
windsails
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 8:37 PM

oh my lord! girl, get out of there! is it financial reasons that you guys are living there? i know times are hard for so many people and families have to live together sometimes to survive, but there is just no excuse for behavior like he displayed....my god how horrible!

your son is in danger of getting caught in his tyrades and getting hurt, then you talk about going into "mama bear" mode...that would be a "walk in the park" if something were to happen to your baby, right? i imagine your husband would just flip out of his mind!!!

i don't know your situation and why you guys are living there, but if there was ANY WAY you could move, maybe with another relative or even a friend i would definetly do it!!!! good luck to you, and watch that baby and take care of your pregnant self :)

cutestmom24
by Bronze Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 8:39 PM
Your. Fil sounds like my grandfather.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aydensXmommy
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 8:49 PM

I wish it were that simple. We've been living here for the past almost four years (since we've been engaged, pretty much) and I stayed here while DH was in the military. After he got out, we stayed here so he could find a job. Shortly after our son was born, he finally found a job, so we saved up money to try to get out. We've seriously had like four apartments that we've put money down on, but we've never been able to move until last August. DH had moved to another state to get a job, and finally moved us down there when he had the money. Everything was great, but when we came up for Christmas, our only vehicle stopped working, so we have been stuck here since then. He's got an exam for a new job on Wed, and it's a state job, so he'll be able to actually HAVE money and we can move. As of right now, there are 10-12 people (children included) living here. There's a saying that goes "you can only fit one family under a roof", and that saying holds true, because we've got four families under one roof. It's chaotic to say the least.

Quoting windsails:

oh my lord! girl, get out of there! is it financial reasons that you guys are living there? i know times are hard for so many people and families have to live together sometimes to survive, but there is just no excuse for behavior like he displayed....my god how horrible!

your son is in danger of getting caught in his tyrades and getting hurt, then you talk about going into "mama bear" mode...that would be a "walk in the park" if something were to happen to your baby, right? i imagine your husband would just flip out of his mind!!!

i don't know your situation and why you guys are living there, but if there was ANY WAY you could move, maybe with another relative or even a friend i would definetly do it!!!! good luck to you, and watch that baby and take care of your pregnant self :)

CameronsMommy23
by on May. 1, 2012 at 1:33 AM
I wouldn't put up with that crap! You deserve better!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aydensXmommy
by on May. 1, 2012 at 4:15 PM

I am crossing my fingers very tightly that my husband gets this job tomorrow and we can get the fuck out of here! I have never wanted to be one of those people that didn't tell family members where I lived, but I'm definitely reconsidering this lol.

Quoting CameronsMommy23:

I wouldn't put up with that crap! You deserve better!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN