Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

your SO something about your past?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 9:39 PM
Replies (41-50):
Angela_Barlow
by Bronze Member on May. 1, 2012 at 12:43 PM
Nope
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SundayXC
by on May. 1, 2012 at 12:48 PM

No, and I don't have a proud past either. I figure if I'm going to spend the rest of my life with someone they need to know all of my unflattering facts as well. He accepted them and doesn't throw them in my face ever, his past isn't too delightful either.

CMS803
by on May. 1, 2012 at 12:48 PM
Nope. We went through my old storage unit over the weekend and he started reading one of my old journals. I was embarrassed because what he was reading was about being lonely and wanting someone to share my life with (this was written either during or shortly after my divorce). He thought it was cute and told me how much he loves me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nanasue31204
by Member on May. 1, 2012 at 12:49 PM
Nope, dh knows everything, he's mu best friend and the only person who knows everything about me. He knows more than my parents do about bad things that happened to me. I was sexually abused by a family member when I was 6, I never told my parents until last December. I finally had the courage to because of my dh, he is my rock, my safe place and so supportive.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ittyprincess604
by Arie on May. 1, 2012 at 12:51 PM

no. SO is very understanding, and totally not judgmental. Hes told me things about his past that are pretty bad, and vice versa. Im a firm believer in the saying "the past is the past"

Koosh
by on May. 1, 2012 at 1:09 PM

I dont remember really anything from before 8th grade so nothing to tell him there, then i met him when i was 17 and in the last year of high school, so all the bad stuff that went on with me then, well he was there for all that personally, no need to tell him anything.

momto3isme
by on May. 1, 2012 at 2:23 PM
No
MomToovey
by Marianne on May. 1, 2012 at 3:12 PM

Not necessarily. There are things that I told him that made him upset, but I don't regret telling him

LorisChar
by on May. 1, 2012 at 3:30 PM

I had a VERY abusive/traumatic childhood and teen years.  I dont' regret telling my hubby ANYTHING. We are an open book to each other. We understand that we had lives and a past before meeting/getting together/getting married.

kaitybird
by on May. 1, 2012 at 4:50 PM

NO because without my past he would not be my future.  :)  He needed to know as some things in the past have a hard time going away.  Skeletons always have a way of falling out of closets or out of graves!  :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)