Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Just curious, how did you meet your SO/DH/?

Posted by   + Show Post
I met my DH in Spanish Class in HS. I was a senior and he was a junior, I sat infront of him and our teacher would always pair us to work together. =) I instantly liked him it was like love at first sight, he was the new guy and I was very impressed.
Now let's hear how everyone met their SO/DH/ or F.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 1, 2012 at 1:04 AM
Replies (31-40):
Shani527
by Member on May. 1, 2012 at 11:06 AM

We both had paper routes and one sunday we had a bbq pot luck thing so everyone was just chilling waiting for the inserts and heads to come. We had a mutual friend there and we were all chilling listening to music. Thats when I first met him really, besides just seeing him around. Months later of more talking every night, and me going earlier (thre was raellly no set time to go in as long as you got done on time) so that I would have time to hang out with him. We finally started "dating" and he left about 2months later for BCT after getting me pregnant.  (his leaving was planned way before we met) He told me he wanted to marry me, but he wanted to go to BCT and figure out if he still did when he got home. That was OK with me. He is younger and with me having two kids already its a BIG responsibility, I was fine with him choosing not to be with him, but I wanted him to be 100% sure if he did decide to marry me. One day his dad and mom were like "we got to start planning your wedding" and Im like "what? he is going to decide when he gets home." And they showed me a letter he sent to them saying to start planning a wedding because he was 100% sure he wanted to be with me. LOL I laugh knowing I was like the last to know I was getting married! But its sweet too. So when he came home for Christmas after graduating AIT, we tied the knot, that was only about 1.5yrs ago! LOL

Mom2twinGplus1B
by New Member on May. 1, 2012 at 11:13 AM
It was in highschool. 6th period environmental issues. He was the new kid from georgia.(im from western new york) he had the sexiest southern accent! I knew I had to have him, I always picked him to be my partner and tried my hardest to impress him. I went to his party and that monday after school he called and asked me out! 6 months later we were pregnant with twins! We just celebrated 8 crazy years together!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Linz0522
by on May. 1, 2012 at 11:16 AM
1 mom liked this
Kindergarten:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Shani527
by Member on May. 1, 2012 at 11:18 AM

When people say this I always picture that old disney show flash forward :)

Quoting Linz0522:

Kindergarten:)

RADmomma
by on May. 1, 2012 at 11:20 AM

he worked for me...

MistyMoo
by Bronze Member on May. 1, 2012 at 11:20 AM
Umm Msn, he actually contacted my niece first and when they met up she wanted me with her and him and I just hit it off. But this was 9 years ago lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hollydaze1974
by on May. 1, 2012 at 11:21 AM
online dating site,but he was sort of local (two hrs). I was never interested in some cross country thing
hotmama0824
by on May. 1, 2012 at 12:08 PM

My DH was dating my ex boyfriends cousin. The Ex, Cousin, and myself lived in Oregon. DH lived in Colorado. When I broke up with my Ex and moved back to CO I looked DH up on facebook just to be snoopy not thinking a thing about ever meeting him or dating him. Then a few weeks later we were dating.. haha

MeTaL_MoMmA_08
by on May. 1, 2012 at 12:15 PM

I met DH at work. I got hired on as the secretary/office manager at a flooring company, and he was on one of my installation crews... we were just friends for about 3 years before we started dating though. :)

audreyannasmom
by on May. 1, 2012 at 12:16 PM

I actually met him in hs - he was dating one of my friends then. i felt drawn to him but he was dating one of my friends and thats a no no. so a few years later i moved home from college and went out with one of my friends to a local bar. we walked past him and he said don't i know you? i thought he was talking to her so i kept on going, she grabbed me and said he's talking to you. we hung out danced and exchanged numbers. when we left the bar my friend asked what i thought of him. my answer - "thats the rest of my life right there" and so it came to be :) that was about 12 years ago now, two daughters and he's still the rest of my life :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)