Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

A lasting relationship

Posted by on May. 1, 2012 at 4:24 AM
  • 37 Replies

What would you say is the key to having a lasting healthy relationship?

by on May. 1, 2012 at 4:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JennPearce
by Jenn! on May. 1, 2012 at 4:30 AM
1 mom liked this
Communication! Being able to talk to your spouse about your needs & to solve problems together. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Fields456
by Silver Member on May. 1, 2012 at 4:31 AM
Communication and trust.
HIJKLM
by Bronze Member on May. 1, 2012 at 4:33 AM
1 mom liked this
True love
Trust
Comon interest
Fun
Happiness
Sex appeal

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nechelleisttc
by on May. 1, 2012 at 4:36 AM

I agree I'm doing a project for school and I need insight on what makes a relationship last. Communication is definitely the key to a successful relationship and so is trust

Quoting JennPearce:

Communication! Being able to talk to your spouse about your needs & to solve problems together. :)

taina361
by on May. 1, 2012 at 4:37 AM
1 mom liked this

Knowing when your so is down. Specially knowing when to apologize and owning up to your mistake. It took so long for me and so to figure that out. He used to ignore me when i cried, if he did or said something wrong he would apologize he would just pretend the next day it didnt happen. Now he admits when im right and the fights have stopped .

taina361
by on May. 1, 2012 at 4:40 AM

Also being able to talk about the pro and cons about something and deciding together about something. He used to shut down my opinion or options for his until he started listening to me thats how i started pointing out why im against something and why something else will work better.

been with my so since i was 13 now im 22 our teenage behavior is behind us thank god

exhaustedmother
by Amy on May. 1, 2012 at 4:50 AM

This

Quoting JennPearce:

by Silver Member on May. 1, 2012 at 5:57 AM

Tust and communication.  But I'd also add, patience

39holding519
by on May. 1, 2012 at 7:54 AM

I agree with what most have said... COMMUNICATION!  We are not always great at that cause my DH isn't much of a talker.  Being great at communicating won't alone make or break a marriage relationship.  The next most important in my opinion: COMMITMENT.  Followed by HARD WORK.  Really, I'd say some combination of the 3 has kept us together almost 23 years.  He also still makes me laugh!

i.heart.myboys
by on May. 1, 2012 at 8:30 AM
Trust, hard work and being there for one another
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)